Chapter 25 - The Asked Question

No! Not Hawkfrost! Starpaw thought. She didn't know why, but she didn't want him to be her mentor.

     "Hi, Starpaw," meowed the dark tabby warrior, who had padded over to her. He wrapped his tail around her shoulders. "Want to train with me tomorrow?"

     "Okay," replied Starpaw.

     The she-cat headed over to Ashkit. "Hi." she greeted.

     "Do you want to go hunting with me, desu ka?" Ashkit asked.

     Starpaw nodded. "Okay!"

     Then, the two headed out into the vast forest. They began to hunt, and Ashkit kept looking over at Starpaw. She would wonder why.

     Once they were almost done, Ashkit stopped and looked at Starpaw once more. "Starpaw...? I was wondering... if you'd like... to be... my mate?"

     "Oh my gosh, yes!" Starpaw replied happily due to not remembering how he used to act. She just remembered that she had to say yes. And then, from the bushes, there was rustling. Hawkfrost appeared from out of them!

     "What're you innocent fools doing?" Hawkfrost asked demandingly.

     "She's my mate now," Ashkit replied.

     "No way!" Hawkfrost snarled, unsheathing his long claws. "I want her to be my mate!" Then, the two toms began to fight. Blood splattered onto the forest floor, and Starpaw began to cry. The scene scared her.

     "Stop!" she cried, but knew they wouldn't listen to her.

     But out of the blue... they began to suddenly purr and show romantic affection!

     "Noo! What're you doing?!" Starpaw exclaimed. They were being gay, which made the she-cat run away deeper into the forest.

(Jesus doesn't like people who flame!)