Chapter 17 - The Death

[For the chapter title, it was originally called "The Deat" and I didn't know if that was The Death or The Beat XD]

     Gleamstar woke after a night of resting. There was a yowl from what sounded like inside camp! She darted outside and stood tall on the Highledge. "I'm going to kill you!" said a ragged voice. It was... Tigerstar!

     "Me too," added Hollyleaf meanly from Tigerstar's mind.

     Gleamstar yowled, "Evacuate camp, everyone!" She could handle it herself.

     "No!" snapped Birchfall. "We love you so much, Gleamstar! We couldn't leave you!" Then, the Clan cats fought!

     Hollyleaf turned into... a fox! Gleamstar was so surprise, she jumped. But it was too late. The fox was an inch from her face before Lionblaze appeared. The fox howled and clawed him. Blood began leaking out of Lionblaze's wound.

     "Noo!" Gleamstar wailed. She was sad, and tears were falling from her sparkling, grayish blue and purple cheeks. The sun shone on her, reflecting the tears. Her orange eyes were gleaming like the sun reappearing after a rainy day. It's beautiful, thought Hawkfrost.

     "It's okay, Gleamstar," Lionblaze coughed. "I'd die for you, and that makes me gay with happiness."

     "Lionblaze?! Are you... a homosexual?!" Gleamstar gasped. The other Clan cats gasped, too. But before the deputy could reply, he fell limp.

     "Noo!" Gleamstar yowled. "He was my father's brother! I'll avenge you!" She hissed and leaped at Hollyleaf! The cat shapeshifter turned and ran.

     "It's too late!" she cackled. "Look behind you!"

     Gleamstar whipped around to see Tigerstar clawing Dawnsparkle! She spat and clawed at his face, and he got up and ran away.

     "Get out of here, Hawky-kun!" Gleamstar shouted to Hawkfrost. "It's too dangerous!"

     "No!" objected Hawkfrost. "I love you, my dear! I don't want to leave you!"

     But the Dark Forest cats were going. Tigerstar laughed madly. "You may have defeated us this time!" he snarled. "But next time, we'll be stronger!" Then, he left with Hollyleaf following. ThunderClan was safe again!

     "Since Lionblaze is dead," Gleamstar announced, leaping into Highledge, "I need a new deputy. Jazzpaw, come up." The reddish she-cat padded up. "Jazzpaw, I'm going to make you a warrior so you can be deputy!" Jazzpaw beamed; she was so happy! "Jazzpaw, from now on you'll be known as Jazzsong. Also, you're my new deputy. Anyone have a problem with that?" The purple leader was angry because she was sad...

     "No," the others said obediently. They knew she was sad, and decided to respect it. Lionblaze was, after all, gone. Besides, most of the cats thought Gleamstar was kawaii when she was mad. Gleamstar rolled her eyes and entered her den.

     She and Hawkfrost slept. (Not like that! They're not mates! They can do that yet! Don't you remember the commandments?!)

(I'm sorry it took so long, but I think I did really good on these chapters. I was tired, and the last one was long.)