The Marriage Plan.

"Happy birthday dear Jess, happy birthday to you" they sang to her happily, she blew out the candles on her cake that read 'Happy 30th Jessica'. They all clapped and she cut the cake. Adam walked up beside her. She smiled. "Hey" she said sweetly with a closed eyed smile. "Don't act innocent I know what your going to do" he said, she laughed. " I wasn't going to this year yknow turning 30 and everything but since you mentioned it..." she trailed off and smooshed cake all over her best friends face.

   This had become a tradition now, ever since they were seventeen. As people finished cake they all started to leave the party. Adams house was a mess, cups and plates everywhere. She started to pick up garbage but Adam stopped her. "Come sit we can worry about it later" he said, she plopped beside him on the couch, kicking her heels off in the process. "I can't believe your thirty, that means I'm going to be thirty in like two months" he said, she laughed. "Speaking of being thirty" she said looking down at her hand. There was a ring on the middle finger of her left hand. Nothing fancy, merely a silver ring with a small Dimond on top.

  "Ah the Marriage Plan" he said...

Flash back to when Adam and Jess were 17 & 16

  "Thanks for coming over Adam, your like the only one who didn't forget. Even my stupid boyfriend forgot" she said angrily we pulling a blanket over her legs. "I thought you might want some cake also please tell me you dumped him" he said, she sighed and put her head on his shoulder. "Yeah, I'm never dating again" she said, he chuckled. "Fine then I have a plan" he said thinking off the top of his head. "Shoot" she replied. "I call this the marriage plan" he says, she looks up at him puzzled. She sits up on her knees and he turns to her.

   "When you turn thirty and if your not seeing anyone and I'm not seeing anyone,  we get married" he said, she smiled and stuck out her hand, they shook on it. "Deal" she said, she thought for a second. "I believe your suppose to get me a ring" she said with a smirk. He got up and walked over to the door, he picked up her bag and dug through the bottom, pulling out a little silver ring with a Dimond. "Wear thus on your middle finger and if by chance thus plan works, it can become your engagement ring" he said and slipped it on her finger.

   She took her cake and smooshed it all over his face   "This one is for the future" she said and gave him a little kiss on the lips. A thus the marriage plan was born.

  "Oh yeah, I forgot about that" he said with a chuckle, she frowned and he noticed. "Yeah we were stupid teenagers anyway" she said sadly, he slipped the ring onto her ring finger. "Jess, this isn't the most romantic place but I have known you for a long time, we made this plan long ago as stupid teenagers but I want to follow through so Jessie, my best friend, please will you marry me" he wisphered in her ear. "Yes" she said, she turned around and hugged him.

   "Let's do it tonight" she said with a smile. "Okay!" He agreed, she kissed him much like high school but longer and with more passion. "That ones for the past" she said and they went off to a chapel.

3 hours later...

  They lad down on the bed with smiled on their faces. "Come here my beautiful wife" Adam said, she crawled her way onto his chest. "Hey" she said. He kissed her head. "So... the baby plan?" He says, she looks up at him and shakes her head. "No plans, not tonight" she said, they both chuckled.

The baby plan took action two years later, and the marriage plan successful! Love is strange sometimes...