The sorting (Lams) (harry potter Au pt2)

Once they got to the castle Professor Mcgonagall talked to them about the sorting. There were four houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Alexander hoped he was in Ravenclaw. John had no idea what any of that ment so Hercules explained to him that basically, based on parts of your personality, you were to be sorted into one of the houses.

Hercules knew he was going to be in Gryffindor because his mother was. He also hoped Lafayette was, he wouldn't admit this to anyone but he kinda had a crush on the frenchie. He just couldn't get over how cute he was, but he didn't know if he was straight or queer or any of that.

Lafayette seemed like the type in Gryffindor too. His parents were in Slytherin and Ravenclaw, but he was nothing like them. He was brave and very courageous.

Soon after they were invited into the Great Hall. John looked around. "Whoa...how...how is this possible...?"

"We've told you magic, but this is awesome!" Hercules said. Lafayette nodded.

They came to the front of the hall and they started to get sorted into the four houses.

"Hamilton, Alexander!" McGonagall called. Alexander smiled and walked up and sat down. See set the hat on his head.

"Hmm, yes...okay. Ravenclaw!" The hat called. Alexander smiled widely and ran to the Ravenclaw table.

A while after Lafayette was called up.
"De Lafayette, Marquis!" Lafayette ran up pushing through the crowd and sat down. She put the hat on his head.

It said immediately "Gryffindor!"

Lafayette smiled and ran to the Gryffindor table and gave Hercules a high five.

Later they called John up. He sat down in the chair and before she could put the hat on his head it yelled. "Hufflepuff!" John smiled and ran to the Hufflepuff table, conveniently it was right beside the Ravenclaw table and Alexander was right behind him. He looked back at Alexander and smiled then looked at the table of people.

Not to long after McGonagall called up the last person in the little friend circle. "Mulligan, Hercules!" Hercules got up and sat down in the chair. She set the hat on his head.

"Hmm...yes...yes. You would do nicely there. But how about...Gryffindor!" The hat said. Hercules smiled and got up and ran to go sit by Lafayette.

After all the children had been sorted into their respected houses the Head master Dumbledore, gave a short speech and be gain the feast. The food appeared before their eyes. "Whoa!" Just about every first year said. John smiled and looked back at Alexander again. Alexander was having trouble making friends at his table, everyone was either talking to their friends or had their nose's in books. He sighed. He didn't even realize John was sitting behind him.

"Alexander." John said trying to get his attention, but Alexander didn't hear him. "Alexander!" John said. Alexander heard someone call his name he looked behind him and saw John, he smiled.

He grabbed his plate and went over to the Hufflepuff table and sat by John.

"Are we allowed to do that...?" John asked.

"They didn't say anything against it."

"Yeah, that's true. So I'm guessing you didn't make any friends...?"

"No, not really. Everyone didn't really bother to talk to me."

"Well you know I'll talk to you, Alexander." John chuckled.

"Yeah I know." Alexander smiled and started filling his plate.

John also started filling his plate as well and smiled. He talked with Alexander for a while until a kid from the Slytherin house over heard their conversation and decided to be rude. John and Alexander were talking about what life was like back at home.

"hello mudbloods I couldn't help but overhear you talking. Is it true that mudbloods are just as stupid as they seem?" The kid said.

"Shut up." Alexander said.

John didn't understand why he was being called a mudblood or what it ment. He looked at Alexander who seemed to be getting mad. He looked back at the kid. "How about you just go away and leave us alone." He said.

"I'm afraid not. Some has to teach you dirty bloods a lesson on coming here, You aren't real wizards." The kid said and leaned on the table he looked at Alexander. "Did your father really leave you and your mum? My father would never do such a thing."

Alexander clenched his jaw and made a fist underneath the table. "Just leave! We don't need you to be telling us what to do. We are wizards just as much as anyone else here!"

John nodded. "If you say we shouldn't be here then maybe you need to take a look in the mirror."

The kid scoffed. "I wouldn't be talking, your face is covered in ugly freckles and your hair is a mess with all those curls."

John bit his cheek to not say a thing.

"Okay you know what I've had it up to hear with you!" Alexander stood up with a clang of his plate. "You need to shut up! Nobody talks about my father, my family or my friends like that! I think John is cute with all his freckles and his curly hair!" The hall went silent and everyone turned to look at Alexander.

"Oh getting defensive of your boyfriend are we...?" The kid teased. Alexander blushed and sat down. John looked at Alexander surprised, he didn't think that could come from such a small child.

"D-did...did you just...do...do you really think so?" John manged to say.

Alexander blushed more and nodded.

John smiled. "Alexander...I like you a lot."

"W-wait...really?" Alexander smiled slightly.

"Mmhmm." John nodded.

Alexander smiled.