Chapter Three

Hey guys, We wrote this chapter hard. I know about how everyone wanted the update, now here it is. It's long too. Enjoy!

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” 
― Bill Watterson
, The Complete Calvin and Hobbes

We shopped all day and it was unreal that I got to be by my idol, I fantasized Demi saving me from the orphanage, and now I have that chance. Is this real? She took me from my old life that was burning in its own ashes and gave me a normal life. I feel so grateful but can’t get the feeling that this good life is going to end badly.

It’s been a week since the shopping trip and tomorrow is school. I gulped nervously knowing that something bad is going to happen, something horrible is going to light the dynamite  I try to keep out. I tossed and turned in my bed getting the itchy feeling on wrists, I’m craving a cut, a blade running across my wrist. I haven’t for a week and the feeling of pain was regular for me, I wanted to feel the sting, it feels good kind of, I can’t explain the sensation it isn’t painful anymore because my body has grown use to it.

“No.” I whispered to myself, pushing myself out of bed and taking the elevator down to the kitchen, maybe I just need a snack. I entered the kitchen, opened the fridge and took out a cup of low fat yogurt. I scooped it out and began eating it, no harm just going low fat so I can fit in at school. It’s all I want to fit in and be accepted, is that too much to ask?

*

“Bye Squirt, don’t blow the boys away.” Demi said, leaving the main office as the lady took me up to my first class. I smiled at the comment, Demi made me feel much better about myself saying that the boys will not stop staring at me. I looked down at my outfit, a loose sweatshirt with ripped black jeans a simple outfit. I had my hair in a messy bun and a bit of mascara. I actually felt a looked great, that’s a first. My dull hair started to shine again, the blue in my eyes became lighter and I stopped hanging my head low.

“Hi Ms. Baker, you have a new student.” The office lady said as we walked into the room. The teacher kindly smiled at me and the office lady left not even saying anything to me.

“Hi what’s your name sweetie?” Ms. Baker asked, she was pretty with blonde hair and gray eyes.

“I’m Alison Davis.” I said, surprised I hadn’t stuttered, I saw the kids whispering and heard, “Demi Lovato” being murmured around the room. I frowned knowing I would have a lot of people trying to be my friend because of Demi.

“Ok Alison, I’m Ms. Baker. You can have a seat next to….Will in the back.” Ms. Baker said, pointing to the desk all the way in the back of the class. I walked over to the seat, sitting down and opening up my spiral notebook, writing the lesson on the board.

“Hey I’m Will.” The kid next to me said. I turned to him and smiled.

“Hey Will, I’m Alison but you can call me Ali.” I whispered back, he gave me a half smile. He seemed cute, I blushed slightly when he offered me a wink.

*

“Hi I’m Samantha.” A girl said, coming up to me. She already gave me an impression that she was a total snob, the way she walked with her head held up too high, the way she looked at everyone like they were her slaves and I didn’t like her at all.