Chapter Eight

~Demi’s POV~

*Homecoming Day*

I don’t know why Alison suddenly became so rebellious, was it my parenting gone wrong? I really tried to make her have a better life but I think I seemed to spoil her. I still love her and want her to tell me everything going on. I saw her scars and I know how much she’s hurting, I’ve been there. I feel like being silent and not acknowledging her is not the way to go. I guess I’ve ignored her enough, I should go up and apologize and talk to her. I turned off the TV when I heard footsteps come down the steps.

“Alison I’m just want to-’’ I started to say but I saw her in a beautiful dress and her makeup done, hair curled and she just looked beautiful.

“Why are you wearing a dress?” I asked her, is she trying to make a statement or is she going somewhere.

“Well while you were busy ignoring me,” She started to say. “I was trying to get ready for the homecoming dance alone. Thanks for the help and motherly advice by the way.” She continued, as she walked to the door and left. Guilt poured into me as I thought of how I’ve been ignoring her, she’s left the house a lot and I pretended not to care.

What have I done?

ALISONS POV

It was homecoming and I felt like I was alone. I always thought a day like today, Demi and I would go to the salon and have everything done together and I would tell her about Will but no I’m dead to her.

I got my makeup, nails and hair done at the salon alone; I paid with the debit card Demi gave me. I bought the dress with the money too, and everything else.  I was in my room when I heard Heart Attack ringing through my ears, it pained me to hear her angelic voice, and I cut my phone off and answered.

“Hello?” I questioned into the device.

Guess who it was? Samantha.

''Hey Alison! So I was thinking that if you want a ride to the homecoming with me and a couple of friends of mine?''

Wow Samantha was actually being nice again. Wow. There was a hint of mischief in her voice that I didn’t trust.

''Um sure?” I said, still unsure of my answer.

''Okay! So I'm like 15 minutes away from your house so I hope you are ready'' Samantha said, then she quickly hung up. Rude! I was really hoping that Will was picking me up but whatever.

''FUCK I HAVE 15 MINS TO GET READY? FUCK MY LIFE!'' I screamed, quickly going to my closet to get out my dress, It was a simple black dress that really made me look great. I’m sure Demi would like it.

I put quickly put on my heels and rushed over to the mirror to take a look at myself. I smiled and started to walk down the stairs.

“Alison I’m just want to-“ Demi said getting up from the sofa, she stopped in the middle of her sentence and her eyes skimmed me from head to toe.

“Why are you wearing a dress?” She finally asked, and I felt anger boil inside me. She would know if she hadn’t been ignoring me, I know what I did was wrong but was it necessary to completely shun me?

“Well while you were busy ignoring me, I was trying to get ready for the homecoming dance alone. Thanks for the help and motherly advice by the way.” I said, as I walked out of the door completely ignoring Demi. I felt guilt but she deserved it for ignoring me all week.  Especially after what happened after Drew came five days ago, that’s a different story.  I saw Samantha’s car pull up by the curb and walked over to it.

''Hey Alison'' Samantha said, smiling in a mysterious way. I brushed off the feeling of declining her invitation, I felt like something bad was going to happen.

''Hey…”  I said, still unsure if I should get in the car. I decided to just get in the car, I’m her friend now, right? I sit next to her friends; they all look popular and rich, of course.

I was dying to get to the homecoming. I wanted to dance with Will, steal a kiss or two and just have the moment I always wanted, if everything turned out bad the next day at least I can tell everyone homecoming was great. I looked out the window as Samantha and her friends chatted. We were getting close to school, where the dance would take place. I took a deep breath getting ready to get out of the car. Samantha drove past it and I was really confused. Isn’t that’s where the dance is?

''Um Samantha? Didn't we just past the school?'' I said, no one answered; they all had tiny smirks on their faces. This is getting really scary, I should have listened to myself and not gone with her.

“Guys.” I tried again. “Samantha? Guys? Where are we going?” I asked again, now I was really scared. We got to this place looked abandoned.

''SAMANTHA!? WHERE ARE WE?! I screamed, she laughed in return.

''We are here'' She answered as her friends laughed, it sounded like a scream to me like witches laugh before they cook you. I thought homecoming was going to be great, somewhere I would be accepted. I don’t know what’s about to happen but I felt betrayed and played.

I looked at her, she unlocked the doors but there was no way I would step out of the car.  Then before I know it one of Samantha's friends pushed me out of the car and I landed in a pile of mud.

''WHAT THE FUCK? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? NOW MY DRESS IS ALL RUNIED YOU BITCH'' I screamed at all of them. I felt out numbered because I honestly was, no one would come to my recue in an abandoned area.

I can already see Samantha's sarcastic smile. ''Payback's a bitch'' Samantha said, stepping on my hand, her heel digging in the center of my hand.

I screamed in pain, I knew that all my waiting and excitement for this day was ruined. I started to tear up and I was in complete shock. She grabbed my by my hair and pulled me up to her and her friend hit me in the stomach.

“You little bitch, you actually think that you could get away with the cafeteria shit. You think you’re big stuff huh? Well nope.” Samantha said, letting go of my hair and shoving my face in the mud. I pushed her off and sat up crying as she got in her car with her friends and left. 

Although I was relieved the actual pain hit my body, I wanted it to stop, I want to feel peace. My body felt sore from the beating; since I was so fragile and my body was used to pain I pushed myself off the ground and began to walk. Every step felt like a battle and I was near a park when I collapsed onto the ground. I saw someone rushing towards me as I let out a breath, was it my last?

_____________

Sorry for the late update, we have a really dysfuntional friendship. Anyways did you like the twist? Who do you think it was?

Her prince charming?

Or the boy with rags? 

That was so cheesy. Anyways don't forget to shake that ass *wink* *gets run over by a car* *dies*