Chapter Nine

~Demi’s POV~

 I decided it’s time for a walk, to clear my head. I pulled on a jacket and started to walk out; I can’t believe I didn’t ask Alison anything about her dance. It reminds me of how I had to get ready alone for any dance I had to go to, I would drive alone, have no friends there, and sit alone whenever there was a slow dance. I hope Alison isn’t alone she does have this Samantha girl she’s been with. I started to pray she’d be safe tonight.

  “Mary had a little lamb, little lamb- what the?” I said, my phone started to ring in my pocket and it said NY HOSPITAL, did I pay my bills? Is it some long lost cousin who works in a hospital? Did they dial the wrong number? I pushed the questions aside and picked up the phone.

 “Hello Demi Lovato speaking.” I answered in the phone, walking down the path.

 “Hello Ms. Lovato, your adopted child Alison is here with injuries and you are requested to come over and sign her for surgery,” Some nurse spoke into my ear and I stopped in my tracks.

 “Are you serious? If this is a prank I will find you, “I said, not believing the words coming out from her mouth.

 “Yes I am serious Ms. Lovato, you need to come over and sign her for surgery. She has a few broken ribs and she needs to have her hand stitched up,” She answered calmly, how is she calm?

 “A-Are you sure this is her? Her name is Alison Davis Lovato, she has blonde hair. She was suppose to at her school dance how did she-“

 “Was she wearing a blue dress with little sparkles in them, her hair was curled and pinned up?” The lady asked, I nodded and then realized she couldn’t hear me.

 “Yes,” I answered, knowing exactly what to do now.

 “That’s her, now Ms. Lovato will you come?” The lady asked and I answered yes, quickly shutting my phone and running back home.

~

 I pushed past the paparazzi and quickly signed some fan’s books; I kept apologizing saying it’s an emergency. Once I got to the hospital entrance, a security guard stopped me.

 “Please my daughter is in there and she’s losing blood!” I said, the guard shook his head denying me access.

 “Sorry Miss there seems to be too much of a crowd.” He told me and I rolled my eyes at him.

 “The crowd is here for me!” I yelled, as some people tried to grab at me, other shoved books at me.

 “And you are?” He asked, smirking at me, I was a bit smaller than him. I scowled at him as some of my fans yanked him aside and threw him to the bushes. I smirked; this is why my fans are awesome. I rushed in the hospital and to the front desk, a bunch of security guards were out now, stopping the crowd.

 “I’m here for Alison Davis Lovato; she’s supposed to be here.” I told the male sitting at the desk, he typed in his computer. He nodded and told me to go to room seven.

 “Ms. Lovato, hello I’m Dr. David, I will be fixing Alison’s ribs and wrapping up her hand.” The doctor said, as I shook hands with him. Quickly he told me to sign the papers, I scribbled my name and he nodded to the nurses who went in the operating room and he quickly followed as the sign on top of the room lit up. I signed and sank to the floor, covering my face with my hands.

 “You want to know what happened to Ali?” A boy said he was familiar; he took a seat next to me.

 “You look familiar…” I stated, he nodded.

 “I was the boy that was uhh...staring at Alison when you came to the orphanage.” He stated, a slight tinge of pink on his cheeks,. I smiled remembering the boy, if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t have Alison.

 “Oh yeah, how did you know she’s in the hospital.” I asked him, happy for the distraction.

 “I’m the one who brought her here..” He said, and I smiled, this boy is an angel. 

''What's your name?'' I said.  Looking into his sea green eyes, hope Ali and him get married their babies would be so cute.  Ugh I don’t think this is the time to start this subject.

“Drew.” He stated simply, I smiled at him, but then this dark cloud started to come over me. Was I a bad mother? That thought was rushing through my head, and my head started pounding. I breathed heavily. I didn't know what do at this point.

''Who did this to her Drew?''

''I don't know I just saw her laying down in this big dress, covered in blood I...” He drifted off, his voice cracking. “I was really scared you know? When you really love someone you would do anything for them,” he continued as my eyes widened.

“You love her?” I asked, wow I thought it was just some crush he had or maybe it wasn’t even a crush. He nodded, still looking at me.

“Yeah, I told her the day she was leaving and…” He drifted off once again.

“And?” I questioned, urging him to continue. “What did she say?” I asked.

“She said if we meet again it means we’re meant to be, it was a nice way to reject me,” He said, I put my hand on his shoulder.

“Maybe she likes you and is too scared for a relationship,” I suggested, trying to convince myself as well. He shook his head, looking behind me and then behind him.

“No she doesn’t she’s with someone,” He muttered, I gaped at him. How much of her life did I exactly miss?

“What? No she’s not.” I said, he nodded.

“Yeah she is, I saw her kiss him,” He said, countering my statement. I felt anger that she didn’t tell me but who am I to judge if she was ignoring me.  Drew’s phone vibrated in his pocket, he seemed to realize something as he fished the phone out of his pocket. Hey that looks like Alison’s case, it me from the Heart Attack photo shoot.

“Oh yeah, I forgot. I found Alison’s phone on the sidewalk near her, it probably fell out of her hand or pocket or where she put it. Here it’s been dinging all night.” He said, shoving the phone in my hands, I clicked the pound key as there were a few messages. I opened up her phone because I was curious, Drew was peaking over as well. I saw everyone was commenting on status she was in. I read the status and the phone slipped out of my hand on to my lap.

Oh no.

_________________

Oooooo what do you think is going to happen? 

Sorry for the late update, we really are trying to update fast but there was a bit of a problem, but we are back. Plus it's snowing here in New York and OMG yes. 

Love your comments and votes. 

Love you guys sooo much thanks! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox