Chapter Twelve

~Alison's POV~

The lady before me looked nothing like the mother I remember from my youth. Instead her hair being the brown hair that shined, it was dull and down. Her blue eyes similar to Alison's were just a gray color, not to mention the bags under her eyes, and her dry skin. She looked like my mom's corpse rather than her.

"Alibear I missed you so much," my mother said, hugging me, I didn't hug back, I'm so confused. My mother died when I was eight, she died in a car accident. How is she here today?

"I thought you and dad were dead," I said, she looked in my eyes that were much brighter than hers.

"I'm so sorry." she apologized, I took a step back, pushed her off of me and looked at her, and how guilty she was.

"You lied to me?!" I asked in disbelief. My mother made me live through torture for what reason did she feel the need to lie?

"I had to-"

"You didn't have to lie to me and send me to an orphanage, if you didn't like me you could have given me up for adoption not make me think my parents were dead. I lived through hell in that orphanage and you don't know half of it. Every night I blamed myself for your death and looked up in the sky to beg for your forgiveness, does that mean anything to you? You let your own daughter go through that?!" My once calm sentence became a loud cry.

"Alibear you don't understand, I didn't hate you I was-" My mother started to say but I cut in.

''DON'T CALL ME ALIBEAR'' I shout at her.

"Tell me why? Tell me everything." I told her, she coughed and simply nodded. I grabbed my groceries and we walked to the park bench, I didn't want to be close to her so she sat far away from me and we sat down. I motioned for her to start and I tried to keep quiet during it all.

"Alison, there is no easy way to say this but you were an unexpected baby. Your father wasn't as happy about you as I was, I wouldn't let you feel like a regret. Once your father became sick of you, he arranged for you to get picked up and left at the orphanage, and told the person to tell you we died in a car crash, I-I only found out when it was too late I'm sorry." She finished off, I stayed quiet trying to process the information. I remembered my dad never smiling at me or acknowledging me, I thought that's how fathers were. He actually didn't like me, and thought I was a mistake.

''That's why I grew up, messed up in the head and thinking that it was all my fault, and in reality, you, this was all your fault'' I choked up and the tears started forming in my eyes.

She tried to grab my hands my pushed her off me once again, I just couldn't deal with this now.

''You're a coward you know that? You could've stood up to dad, but you didn't and that hurts so much that you would freaking lie to me'' I said.

''But hone-'' She started to say but I cut her off.

''NO NO EXCUSES THIS TIME, I'm living with Demi.....Lovato and she has been an amazing mother figure in my life and I'm not gonna let you ruin it for me.'' I shouted at her.

''I don't want you in my life, You lied to me, put me in an orphanage, and lastly if you really wanted me in the first place, you wouldn't do all that'' I said.

I can already see all the tears pouring out of her eyes but I had to stay strong about this situation and look out for myself.

''Goodbye...Mom'' I said while grabbing all the groceries.

I walked away and I was crying, I had to let it out. I didn't cry in front of her because I wanted to show her I was strong enough leave her. I can hear her whimpering all away from here and I felt bad and I felt like I was a bit harsh but I don't care. I have a good life right now and I'm not gonna let her ruin it just for her own benefit.

I wiped away my tears and walked into the house.

''Hey!, I'm back with the groceries.'' I yelled.

''Thanks Alison! Just leave it all over at the kitchen counter and I'll be making us some hot cocoa'' Demi said while giggling.

I decided not to tell Demi about what happened, it was all too much and it's a special day and I don't want to ruin that by telling her, so I just kept it to myself.

Demi ran down to the kitchen and pat my head and took out all the chocolate mixture.

''So you and Drew, are you guys a thing now?'' Demi teasing me.

''I don't really know Demi, I really like him, he's been here for me mostly my whole life and I want to take things to the next level'' I said.

''Woah woah woah you two are gonna have sex?'' She said.

''NO DEMI WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT? THAT'S GROSS. OKAY? I'M NOT HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WITH YOU'' I said while blushing.

''You better not missy, I got my eyes on you, but if you do, you better use protection or else I will kill you'' Demi said while making hot cocoa.

It's kind of funny and fun having these weird conversations with each other.

''Here you go honey!'' Demi said while giving me a cup of hot cocoa.

''Aw this smells amazing!'' I said.

''Wait till you taste it, lets go to the living room near the christmas tree, I wanna sing you something'' Demi said while smiling.

Demi was about to sing me something and I can't even deal with this excitement I feel right now inside.

We go to the Christmas tree, and we sit down. Demi pulls out her guitar and starts telling me something.

''Alison, I know we've had our fights and argruments but I would never be mad at you, Once I saw you at the orphanage, I knew that you were the one, I knew that you were the special one, and I got so emotional because you reminded me so much like me when I grew up, I will always be here for you, like a best friend, a person to talk to, and I will always be mother to you''. Demi finished her speech.

I already started crying even before Demi started singing and I grabbed some tissues because I knew I needed it.

Demi started singing nightingale and I got so emotional when she opened her mouth sing.

''I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home, I kinda need a hero, Is it you?'' Demi singing.

My eyes were like a water fall by this point. Demi, Demi Lovato was actually singing to me right now.

''Say you'll be my nightingale''

When Demi got done singing, I hugged her right away, I literally almost knocked her over. I hugged her so hard and whispered into her ear. ''I love you.....mom''.

I can already feel Demi's tears on my sweatshirt, we sat back down, admiring this moment, sipping our hot cocoa.

*****
Our other writer, Reema is no longer writing with us. So it is just Dai and I, I know this book will turn out perfect with the both of us, so don't you worry. No more burdens, so chapters will come faster and better.

No cliffhanger this time.

Credit to Dai: His writing is getting so much better, I didn't even have to edit!

What did u think if Demi singing nightingale? I literally cried.