..Darkness..

"A date?!?" Her mother shrieked. She jumped in her seat at her loud, high pitched voice.

"Mom! You scared me!" She put her hand on her chest, calming her heart beat.

"You are finally going on a date. Who is he?" She jogged towards the sofa she was sitting on and sat next to her.

"Yeah. His name is Zayn." She smiled.

"Have I met him?" Her mother asked. She was always like this. She forgets her friends most of the times or she mix their names. It's weird for Veronica.

"Yeah you met him once. He's a nice guy and he likes me so... I thought to give it a try." She shrugged, picking up the TV remote from the coffee table.

"Have you decided what to wear?" Her mother asked excitedly.

"Yeah. I was wondering about the white dress Dad bought me from America. What do you think?" She looked at her while switching the channels.

"Oh that? Yes it's perfect!" She cheered, stretching her legs at coffee table.

"Rosie! Can you bring me some doritos please?" Veronica called out.

"Coming!" Rosie yelled back. Veronica started watching TV.

"Mum, do I look okay?" She asked when she was applying a light pink lipstick and saw her mother standing in the doorway, staring at her daughter.

"You look beautiful honey." Her mother praised and smiled at her. "Are you sure he is a nice guy? I don't want you to get hurt." Her mother walked towards her and stood beside her, arms crossed over her chest.

"He is nice. He really likes me. Don't worry." She turned to face her mother and she spoke, placing her hands on her mother's shoulder.

"Nicky, do you like him?" Her mother stared in her eyes as if to find the answer to her question in her eyes.

Veronica stared back at her mother for few seconds and turned back around, facing the mirror.

A lot of memories flooded through her mind. But she wouldn't let those memories ruin her day.

"Yes. I do." She replied while combing fingers through her hair. Her mother stared at her daughter's reflection for few seconds.

"It's time. He'll be coming here any second." Veronica spoke as she looked at her wrist watch. She grabbed her bag and rushed downstairs with her Mother following her.

Zayn's eyes raked up and down her slender figure when she opened the door. He smiled when he looked up in her eyes.

"You look beautiful." He said handing her a red rose.

"Not bad yourself." She smirked. He was looking way too attractive. He was wearing a black suit with black leather shoes.

 He was wearing a black suit with black leather shoes