..Life..

She was still there, holding him in her arms and praying for him to wake up. She felt like if he didn't wake up a few more minutes, she would die. Snow was falling on her hair and his body. She was shivering with cold but she couldn't care less. She was ready. To die with him.

His shirt was now soaking with her tears, his neck wet from all the tears she cried for him. He could hear her breathing, her sobbing.

He blinked his eyes a lot of times before looking at her hair which was the only thing he could see right now with her face being nuzzled in his neck.

"Veronica." He whispered and her eyes flew open at the familiar voice. She pulled away from him to see him staring at her.

"Oh God." She hugged him. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!" She placed kisses on his neck.

"Veronica. I'm-"

"God! I thought.....I thought you left me. I..." She hugged him tighter, clutching her hands in his shirt. "Are you- oh I'm sorry." She pulled away once again when she realised she was hugging him way too tight but she couldn't help it. "Are you okay?"

"You wouldn't care." He said, smiling.

"I do. Can't you see? If you wouldn't have open your eyes right now, I would have died right here." She sniffled, wiping her cheeks. She was so at relief.

"But when I asked you, you said you wouldn't care."

"It was a lie. Are you okay- wait your..." She was so busy with hugging him and thanking God that she didn't see his eyes which were not Golden anymore.

They were a beautiful shade of green. Forest green eyes. Electric green eyes.

His eyes were like pines and you could say she got lost in the woods.

"What happened?" He asked impatiently when she didn't say anything further.

"They are....they are not Golden anymore. Does that mean you are---you are normal now?"

"Yes! I'm not a lion anymore. Veronica you did it!" He exclaimed in joy, standing up, a big smile adorning his lips.

Veronica stood up with him smiling but finding it hard to believe that her blood could turn him into a normal human.

"I still can't believe I could do something like that." She linked her arms around his neck, hugging him once again. She couldn't seem to get enough. It was like she wanted to make sure he was alive and healthy in front of her.

"I can't either. By the way what was ‘hugging theory’ you were talking about the other day." He chuckled at that. Veronica pulled away laughing at her stupid theory.

He remembered.

"Well... it's my theory that the person who hugs me for as long as I want and doesn't pull away first, is the person who really cares about me." She giggled, shrugging at the end.

"So you would accept anyone who hugs you for as long as you want, even if he is a thief or a dangerous person?" Harry raised a brow in confusion.

Veronica gave him a look. "Really Harry? You think I'm that stupid?" She placed her hands on her waist, her weight shifting on her right leg.

"Think? You most certainly are." He joked and she frowned.

"You should be thankful because I just saved your life." She reminded.

"And what about all the times I saved yours?" He shot back.

Oh yes. She remembered but didn't let him see.