..Broken..

Shattered.

Broken.

Hurt.

Those words were nothing for what she was feeling inside. It was like someone pushed her in a hole full of darkness with no else around her to guide her out of this dark hole. She felt like her heart was torn into millions of pieces. It was like the sky fell over her head, like she was drowning, like she wouldn't breathe again.

She had rejected a lot of boys. She was sure they didn't love her but she felt the hurt they probably had gonw through at her rejection.

What was the thing she didn't have? She had everything she wanted from the start. She wanted dolls, toys and beautiful princess dresses. Her desire to go to Disneyland was also fulfilled, not once but a lot of times. When she was little and when she was a teen. She had all the sandals, dresses, make up. She had parents, friends but today she felt like everything ended. She felt like the world came crashing down before her eyes.

She felt empty.

She was numb.

Now, in her life of 19 years, she understood what Love was.

Never understood, love was really like but I felt it for the first time looking in your eyes.

She didn't know for how long she stood their, shattered and heart broken. The tears were constantly streaming down her face. She sighed, wiping the tears from her cheeks and picked her bag which had fallen in the process of stopping him.

"Oh Veronica! How was the trip!" She was walking past the kitchen, lost in his thoughts when Rosie came towards her as she wiped her hands on her apron.

"Good." She replied shortly. Rosie observed her face. Her eyes were focused on nothing particular as if she was deep in her thought. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy, her nose was red and Rosie could see the dampness on her cheeks. She got worried.

"Veronica, are you okay?" She stood right in front of her and placed her both hands on her shoulders as if to shake her, to make her aware of her presence.

"Yeah. I'm going to my room. Please don't disturb me." She instructed and was about to walk when Rosie stepped in front of her.

"What happened, Veronica? You know you can tell me." She reminded.

"I said, it's nothing and please don't disturb me. Even when Mum and Dad call for me." She raised her voice to warn her. Rosie understood that it was something serious but she didn't push and let her go to her room.

She opened the door of her room, threw the bag on the floor and after locking her room, she fell on her knees. Tears rolling down her cheeks.

How could she assume that he loves her too? Caring and loving are two different things. He only cared for her as a friend but she took it the wrong way and started expecting things from him. If he smiled with me doesn't mean he loves. If he saved me, doesn't mean he loves me. If he opened up to me, doesn't mean he loves me.

And how could he, so easily say that forgive me and forget me?

Does forgetting someone you love, was so easy?

No. It wasn't.

What was love?

It is like walking on broken glass, walking on burning coal, drowning in a deep, dark sea, getting lost in big forest where there's no way out, like burning yourself down in flames.

And the worst thing about love is, you never know you have to go through all of this until you love someone. And when you do, you can't step back and you have to suffer. Love of real life is nothing like the stories in books. It is more painful, it is more tragic.