Chapter 3: Shocking News

Baekhyun's POV:

Hey, what's up hyung? why did you call me all on a sudden- I asked Beom hyung as soon as I entered into the room, hugging my brother.

I could sense something is wrong but I didn’t pry. I want them to tell me if something is wrong, rather than asking and forcing them to speak about it.

Let's go home. Father wants to talk to you about something. It's very important- he emphasized the word clearly for me to understand. I saw him panicking a little. I really want to know what's the matter with them.

I asked him why he was looking so pale and what's the matter. He only shrugged. You will know soon- he said before averting his eyes from me.

----------------

BaekBeom's POV:

As I kept waiting for Baekhyun, I called my father and told him everything that happened. I told him about the deal Joanna kept before us.

Father was furious. He wanted to meet Joanna but I requested him not to do anything, at least for now. He seemed to calm down a bit. He asked me to get Baekhyun home.

Baekhyun seemed to notice my behavior and wanted to know if anything that mattered. I told him he would know soon.

I averted my gazes from him. He has to make a sacrifice, so that our company could revive. Yes, this deal is that much important.

I, along with Baekhyun headed towards my car. I was scared. Scared of how he would react after knowing all the things.

He kept asking what's wrong and all I could do was remain silent. Soon after we reach home and I got down from the car. Baekhyun followed. We entered into the house, only to meet with my father's sad eyes.

Baekbeom didn't utter a word, rather he was lost in his thought. He was thinking about the conversation between him and his father. They both agreed on marrying Baekhyun to  Joanna.

---------------------
Baekhyun's POV:

What?

Are you serious, appa?

I've to get married? within one week?

With a girl I don't even know?

I hollered as I couldn't digest the facts.

They must be kidding me, right? No. Wrong. They were serious. I could see clearly they were serious about my wedding.

I kept shouting until BaekBeom hyung patted my shoulder.

Can you please not shout. We are feeling guilty already but right now we are helpless. We need this contract Baekhyun- he said in a soft tone, father looking at us with soften eyes.

I understand their situation. But what about me? What about my career? I've worked so damn hard. I was feeling low. My confidence was going down already.

Trust me on this Baekhyun. It won't effect your career, rather you might be lucky and love the girl you are going to marry- Baekbeom hyung said, trying to convince me.