Chapter 20: Great Observer Lay

Joanna's POV:

Ok, guys. That's enough for today. We'll do our practice tomorrow again, same time- I told them while panting.

Yeah. Only if you can manage to wake up early unlike today- Xiumin said smiling widely.

What the hell. Oppa, I will, ok? Just you wait and see.

We'll see then. Kim Joanna- Xiumin oppa challenged me, while patting Joanna's head.

I smacked on his chest. I'm not a pet, you big bunny- I said, pinching his soft cheeks.

He hissed and swatted my hand. I'm elder than you. Show some respect- he tried to be serious, which made him look even cuter.

I bid them goodbye and scrolled my phone. I needed to make a call. I saw Baekhyun looking at me skeptically. So much distrust.

I tried to lighten up the mood. Baby, you want to spend some time with me?- I asked, trying to be seductive.

You wish- Baekhyun said coldly, leaving me behind.

Even if I try to make everything work out, he wouldn’t try. He would be distant and cold towards me. It hurts no matter how much I deny.

My eyes became watery. How can he be so heartless. Can't he see how much I'm making an effort. Can't he see how much I love him.

That was rude- I heard a familiar tone behind me.  I thought everybody left the room.

I turned around and my jaw dropped. It was Lay.

So, are you gonna tell me the truth- Lay asked me in a calm tone.

W-what truth- I asked, stuttering. I am doomed. First Xiumin, now Lay.

Don't act smart Joanna. You're a terrible liar. Just share with me everything already. We are friends, right?- Lay said, his voice full of concerned.

I stood there numb. I didn’t know what should I do.

Joanna, I'm asking you if you're gonna tell me the truth about your relationship with Baekhyun- Lay repeated his words. He was being patient with me.

Though I think I know all about it- Lay said with a grin, leaving me puzzled.

W-what do you know?- I asked stuttering. It's not helping. At all.

I was thinking about a story to tell but he was too smart for that.

Don't even think lying to me, Joanna. You're my friend and you can trust me. I will never break your trust- he said sincerely.

I know I could trust him, just like Xiumin oppa. They are calm and cool headed. They are matured.

I think you're married, aren't you?- Lay said while chuckling.

I was dumbfounded. My eyes went wide. My jaw dropped.

I tried to calm my nerve down. I can't tell him the truth. Baekhyun would get damn angry with me.

Y-you're mistaken- I could only pronounce this single sentence.