Chapter 38: You want Me to Change Your Dress for You

Third Person's POV:

Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Byun- Joanna greeted as she went inside the Byun mansion.

Call us Mom and Dad. We would be happy- Mrs. Byun said as she hugged Joanna.

Yes mommy- Joanna leaned into her touch. It was comforting. Nothing can beat a mother's love and comfort.

So cute- Mr. Byun said as he caressed Joanna's cheeks. Sure he was angry at first that she forced her son into the marriage but shortly after they all accepted her wholeheartedly. She was perfect for Baekhyun.

Where is Baekhyun, sweety- Mrs. Byun asked in a soft tone.

Joanna panicked a bit. He has early morning practice mommy. He couldn’t come as they have a concert in few weeks- Joanna lied.

Ohh. My boy. He works really hard- Mr. Byun said in a caring tone.

Yes, daddy. He really works hard. And I'm sorry for being a burden- Joanna said giving them a genuine smile.

You're not a burden, honey. Never say such things. You're our daughter now- Mrs. Byun said caressing Joanna's cheeks.

It's quite late. Go and sleep Joanna. We will talk a lot tomorrow- Baekbeom said softly.

Ok, oppa- Joanna said in a sing a song tone.

You look adorable when you do that, you know- Baekbeom said as he held Joanna's wrist and dragged her with him.

Good night, mommy. Good night daddy- Joanna said before leaving their sight.

Where are we going, oppa?- Joanna asked softly.

We are going to Baekhyun's room. You don't know where is it, right? You have never been here- Baekbeom replied.

I see- Joanna kept walking.

Don't be angry with Baekhyun. He is still immature. He acts foolishly sometimes but he is really good at heart, Joanna. Be a little bit patient with him- Baekbeom said as they stopped in front of a door.

You knew-

Yes, I guess. Something is going on between you two. Otherwise you wouldn't call me so late at night just to pick you up. You didn't even call your brother and sisters. Even Baekhyun doesn't know you're with us- Baekbeom said in a calm tone cutting her off in the mid sentence.

Oppa, he is being jerk. He kept hurting me this whole time, you know- Joanna said as tears started forming in her eyes.

Don't cry, kiddo- Baekbeom said as he ruffled her hair.

Yah! Oppa, I'm not kiddo. Your brother is- Joanna said punching Baekbeom's shoulder.

Yes. You both are kiddo to me. Now go to sleep. I know tomorrow you'll run to see your Baekhyun- Baekbeom teased.

Oppa, you're teasing me- Joanna complained.

Aniyo. Oppa is calming you down, Kiddo. Ok, good night then. Sleep well- Baekbeom said caressing her cheeks.

I wish Baekhyun could be like this. Baekbeom oppa is so caring- Joanna mumbled.

Ugh. I can't sleep. It's 2 am in the morning. Just few more hours- Joanna was mumbling to herself when her phone rang for the umpteenth time.

Not again, Baekhyun.

She denied the call.

I'm not ready to get hurt again, Mr. Byun.

Baekhyun's POV:

I was frustrated. He wasn't picking any of my calls.