Chapter 7:Please Say Yes!

Joel's pov
   I'm thinking on asking Lizzie out.  Our date went well last night.  We were laughing, talking, and just goofing off.  I have never seen this side if her before.  She acts so different in school.  Last night when I dropped her off I gave her a quick kiss on the lips.  She looked shocked and started blushing like crazy.  It was so cute.  She said that it was her first kiss except for the times her boyfriend tied her up and kissed her.  I felt so bad.  This poor girl was always getting hurt and never did anything wrong.  I needed to fix this.  I decided to text her.  Yes, I have her number.  We exchanged numbers last night.
                             In text
J:Hey!  What's up?

L:Just reading one of my old books

J:Oh, cool

L:Not really

J:Anyways, I was just wondering...since things seemed to go well last night, if you wanted to be my girlfriend

Silence.
   Oh great Joel!  You really messed up this time.  Now everything is going to be awkward between the two of us.  I probably just ruined are friendship!  Oh, wait she is texting back!

L:Yes!!!!

J:Really!  Thank you.  I thought I just ruined are friendship and that things were going to be awkward between us!

L:No everything is fine.  Wait, Joel I hear something downstairs and I'm home alone.  If I don't text back in 5 min come to my house

J:Ok stay safe

Man I hope she is okay!

Lizzie's pov
   I hear something downstairs.  My parents are at work and my sister is at her friends house.  I tell Joel to come to my house if I don't text him back in 5 min.  I go downstairs and see nothing at first.  Then I feel a sharp pain in my back and fall to the ground.  Black.