Chapter 35: Heart Break

Lizzie's P.O.V

"What the heck? Where is she?!" Travis yelled.

"Calm down, Trav. I'm sure she's just running late," I said. I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, but he pulled away and shook his head.

"20 minutes late?! That's not like her at all! She absolutely hates being late! She would've at least sent me a text!" he yelled.

"Travis, calm down! Let's just start rehearsing, okay?" Joel said.

He sighed and nodded. He grabbed the microphone and readjusted it before he started singing.

"Every time that you get undressed, I hear symphonies in my head." He usually looked back at Alyssa so she could give him a thumbs up, but he ended up looking at Ethan who blushed in embarrassment. We all burst out laughing as he groaned and flushed red. "Will you guys shut the heck up?!"

Just as he said that, the door to the music room opened, and Alyssa walked in. She didn't say anything, just avoided our gazes and walked to her position. She was wearing all black attire with long sleeves. I mean, long sleeves were normal for her for some reason, but all black, and she's not speaking? This gives me a bad feeling.

"Nothing like a nice hello to greet your friends and boyfriend." Travis said. Alyssa didn't say anything, but merely started adjusting her microphone. "Babe, I was so worried about you." Travis walked over to hug her, but she shrugged away and looked down. His expression went from relief to sad and confused in a millisecond.

"Let's just start from the beginning," Alyssa muttered.

"Hun, are you okay?" Travis asked.

"I said, let's just start from the beginning!" she snapped.

"Lys..-" Lucy started.

"I SAID TO START FROM THE BEGINNING, OKAY?!" she yelled.

"Why are you wearing that flannel? It's so hot in here," I said, going to take her flannel off. (Oh yeah the picture is at the top btw)

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" she shouted, slapping my hand away. I flinched and pulled back, holding my hand in pain.

"Alyssa, what had gotten into you?! Why don't you wanna take off the dang flannel?" Travis said, raising his voice. I saw tears brim her eyes.

"None of your damn business. You wouldn't understand anyways. Now, are we gonna rehearse, or not?" she whispered. I sighed and nodded. Something is up with her, and I think Mackenzie might just have something to do with it.

~Time skip~

I sat down at our usual lunch table and pulled out my brown paper bag. (I always skip to lunch..wow..) Joel, Ethan, and Lucy gave me worried looks and looked over at Travis. I looked over at him to see a tear slowly trailing down his face. (NO I FEEL SO MEAN) "Oh my, gosh! Travis, what's wrong?" I asked, giving him a hug.

"What do you think," he snapped, looking diagonal to us. I turned around and looked in the direction he was staring at. Mackenzie and Luke were sitting at a table with some of their friends and Alyssa. She looked absolutely miserable.

"What the heck is wrong with her?!" Joel yelled just loud enough so only we could hear it. I shook my head and sighed. What is wrong with that girl.

Alyssa's P.O.V

"Awww! Is little Lyssie~Bear sad," Mackenzie mocked, making a pouty lip.

"Shut up," I whispered. She began to poke my arms.

"Don't be so upset. We're doing this for your own good," Luke said, booping my nose.

"Don't touch me!" I snapped.

They began to laugh. "Oh, she's getting mad!" Mackenzie laughed. "I bet she's upset that by tomorrow after the winter concert, Travis will break up with her, and she'll lose all her friends."

"He would never do that," I said, tears picking at the corners of my eyes.

"Oh honey, you have no idea what we're capable of. He probably never loved you anyways," Luke smirked.

"Yes, he did," I mumbled.

"No, he didn't," Luke said.

"Yes, he did."

"No, he didn't."

"Yes, he did!"

"No, he didn't!"

"YES, HE DID, DAMNIT!" I yelled, standing up and slamming my fists on the table. Everyone in the cafeteria turned their heads to look at me as a tear fell down my face. I looked around, and my eyes immediately made contact with Travis's. His eyes were filled with sadness, concern, and anger, and as I looked at my friends, theirs were, too.

Mackenzie reached up and placed a finger on my chin, pulling my head closer to hers. "The fact that you said did instead of does let's us know that we're right," she whispered in my ear.

I pulled away and ran to the bathroom as tears streamed down my face. I slammed the bathroom door shut behind me and walked over to the sink. I leaned over it and cried before punching the mirror put of anger. It shattered, causing my knuckles to bleed. I cried out in pain, walking over to the door and sliding down it. I heard a soft knock from outside.

"Alyssa, we know you're in there. It's Lizzie and Lucy. Please, let us in," I heard from outside the door. I kept quiet.

"Lys, please!" I heard Lucy say.

"Alyssa..let us in."

I refused to respond. They wouldn't understand..

"If you don't answer we're just gonna let ourselves in."

I tried to hold the door shut.

"Okay, we're coming in."

I pressed myself up against the door harder, but they were still able to push it open. I turned around and saw them looking at me with concern. "Alyssa, were you crying?" Lucy asked.

"None of your business," I said, trying to push past them. Lizzie blocked my way and grabbed my hand. I screamed in pain and yanked it away.

"Why are your knuckles bleeding?" Lizzie said. She held up her hand which now had a faint layer of blood of it.

"I said, none of your business," I said, holding back tears as I pushed past them. I ran down the hallway to my next class as the bell rang, and my tears ran down my face just the same.

Travis's P.O.V

Lucy and Lizzie came back with sad looks on their faces.

"So, did you find her?" I asked.

"Yeah," she started as my face lit up, "but I'm worried. I think Mackenzie is bringing out the worst in her." she finished.

And my heart sank.

><><><><><><

I FEEL SO MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY POOR TRAVIS 😢😢😢😢😢😢😭😭😭

Oh yeah, thanks for 11k!!! Ily guys so much😘❤