Chapter 15:Safe at Last

This is really weird because 9 year old me watched too much Law and Order...im so sorry this is so weird Ughhhh

Lizzie's pov
   I woke up in the janitors closet.  It was dark and I could barely see anything.  I needed to find a way out and fast.  Then I remembered that I had my phone.  I prayed that it wasn't dead.  I took it out and the battery was at 1%.  I needed to do this fast.  I dialed Joel's number and after the first two rings, he picked up.

J:Hello

L:Joel!  It's Lizzie!

J:Lizzie!  Where are you?

L:I'm at the school!  Luke locked me in the old janitors closet!  Come quick!

Before he could reply my phone died.  Now I was in complete darkness.  I waited for what seemed like hours until I heard footsteps.  I prayed that it was Joel, and when the door opened, it was him.

L: Thank God! I thought you might have been Luke.

J: Well, it's just me. C'mon, let's go.

I stood up and followed him towards the door, but right as we reached the door to our freedom, Luke walked in.

Lk: Uhh, where do you think you're going with my Lizzie?

J: For your information, she's not yours. Lizzie doesn't belong to anyone. She's not yours, she's not mine!

L: Joel...I belong to my parents...

J: You're not helping!

L: Oh..heh..sorry..

Joel's P.O.V

I went up to Luke, shoved him to the floor, and ran out with Lizzie. I called the cops on my way out. He should go to jail forever for what he's done. We got into my car and sped off. I knew that Lizzie was safe for now.