Chapter 49: Wouldn't Change A Thing

This random girl messaged me on Wattpad and was really pissed that I wasn't following her. I asked her why I should, and she still hasn't told me..wtf

•••

Lizzie's P.O.V

I sat in the hospital waiting room, my head in my hands as my stomach turned with nervousness. It's been three days, and Joel still hasn't woken up. Everyone else that had a Squip was here, too. Luke, Mackenzie, Reggie, even the principal and gym teacher were seeking treatment. Yet they all had something in common.

They had woken up.

They woke up the day after they came here and were almost ready to be released, but not Joel. I came to visit him every single day, coming at ten in the morning and not leaving till around eleven at night. Even when I got home, I couldn't sleep out of fear that Joel might not wake up. I had bags under my eyes, my hair was messy, and I had been wearing sweatshirts and leggings for the past three days.

Oli, Joey, Yammy, and Tiffany were in the waiting room with me. It was currently around two in the afternoon, about a half hour before visiting hours began.

"Excuse me, miss?" a nurse said to me.

I stood up with hopeful eyes. "Yes?"

"You're Elizabeth Dwyer, is that correct?" she asked. I nodded my head, and my friends also stood up. "And you're here for Mr. Joel, yes?"

"Yes, I am. Is he okay?" I asked.

She smiled and looked at her clipboard. "We have come to inform you that he has just woken up, and the first thing he did was request to see you." I smiled wider than I have throughout this whole week. "So if you would follow me-"

I sprinted off in the direction of Joel's room, knowing the way by heart. I had gone there every day during visiting hours to check on him. I turned down several corridors, eventually reaching the double doors to Joel's shared room with Luke. I pushed the doors open and smiled even wider than before.

There was Joel, sitting up in bed and talking with Luke. Wires were no longer attached to his body, and no breathing mask covered his wonderful smile when he saw me.

"Oh my God, Joel!" I cheered, running up and jumping on him. He laughed and groaned as we hugged tightly. I pulled away and kissed his lips, something I'd been missing for the past several days.

"Lizzie, I've missed you so much!" Joel laughed. "Are you okay? How have you been?"

"I'm great now that you're here!" I giggled. "But I need to do this for the readers' sake."

(What fourth wall? Pssh!)

I slapped him across the face. He wore a shocked expression, but it soon faded into regret. "Yeah, I deserve that," he sighed. "Lizzie, I'm so, so sorry. I don't know why I thought that would be a good idea, and I made some horrible mistakes. I don't know if I can ever forgive myself, but I hope that you can at least forgive me."

I smiled and nodded, wrapping my arms around him once more. I heard him sigh with relief as he hugged me back.

"Is the Jizzie moment over yet?" I heard from the doorway. I turned and saw Yammy, Tiffany, Joey, and Oli standing in the doorway, smirks on all of their faces. I blushed and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Come in." I turned and saw Luke looking at us, a sad look in his eyes. "Hey, Luke. Feeling alright?"

He had been much nicer while I was visiting Joel. He apologized for everything he did, claiming it was his Squip's doing. He even offered to pay for Joel's hospital bill since this whole thing was his fault anyways, but I declined.