Chapter 41: Netflix and Chill

Lizzie's P.O.V

     "Joel, want me to get some punch for us?" I asked Joel.

     "Oh, that won't be necessary," I heard a voice from behind us say. I turned my around and was staring into the soulless eyes of Mackenzie Turner. (I don't think I ever gave her a last name..sooo)

     "Did someone order two cups of pu-" she was cut off when she tripped, spilling the drink all over my dress. "Whoops..." she smirked.

     "You nasty..ugh!" I groaned.

     "Oh my gosh! Uhh..I'll take you to the bathroom to get you cleaned up." Joel said.

     "You can't exactly go into the girl's bathroom, Joel." I said, trying to get the stain off with my hand.

     "Don't rub it in! That'll just stain it more." Joel looked around before his eyes landed on Lucy. "Lucy!" She looked over in our direction, and seeing Mackenzie, ran right over.

     "What did the bit...I mean what did Mackenzie do this time?" she asked.

     "She 'accidently' tripped and spilled her drink all over my dress!" I whined.

     Lucy sighed. "You and your clothes. Come on, I'll help you try to wash it off."

     Lucy and I walked off to the bathroom, leaving everyone else behind.

Joel's P.O.V

     "Why is a dress such a big deal?" I muttered to myself. As I said that, I felt something fall on the top of my head and drip down my face. "What the...onion dip?!" I turned around and saw Luke's eyes staring into mine. "Dude...what the heck?!" I slapped him before Ethan and Travis ran over to pull me off of him.

     "Be more chill, Joel!" Ethan said. (Hah! References)

     They pulled me away from him and towards the bathroom. "Just calm down!" Travis raised his voice as I tried to break away. I finally gave up and walked with them.

Alyssa's P.O.V

     I came back inside as I had walked outside to get away from the crowd. "Where did everyone go..?" I asked myself. Suddenly, a loud tapping echoed throughout the room.

     "Attention, everyone!" I heard the most recognizable voice say into the microphone. Mackenzie stood on the stage, her dress practically hanging off the front. "I have some news about Westerburg's very own students! Three of them in particular. Alyssa Wolfhard, Lizzie Dwyer, and Lucy Marie Azevedo (totally didn't steal that from her book)."

     I looked around for any sign of them or the guys, but they were nowhere to be seen. Great..

     "Oh, look! There's Alyssa right now!" I felt a bright light shine in my face, and I squinted my eyes and held my hands in front of my face. "Why don't you come up here? Maybe you can tell everyone about how you betrayed your friends and about your fake relationship with Travis!" Mackenzie cheered.

     Tears began to fall as I ran out of the building, laughter filling the room behind me. The problem is, running in heels is almost impossible. The movies make it look so easy. My heel landed on the tiniest pebble, and I tripped, causing my dress to fly up slightly. I scraped my knees and hands, but got up and kept running. I reached Lizzie's car and tugged on the handle rapidly. "Open! Open!" I sobbed. I finally gave up and slid down the side if the car, sinking to the gravel as the tears fell, and the anxiety settled in.

Lizzie's P.O.V

     Laughter filled my ears as I walked out of the bathroom, the stain still slightly visible. Joel walked next to me, his hair looking greasy. "What happened to your hair?"

     "Luke poured onion dip on me..." he sighed. Suddenly, the laughter stopped, and all eyes landed on us.

     "Look who decided to show up! But you're a little too late. Your friend already ran out crying. You should teach her not to be so sensitive.." Mackenzie said into a microphone. I looked around, and Alyssa was nowhere to be seen.

     Lucy's face went red with anger. "You son of a b...biscuit! Do you know how much the readers hate-"

     "Cough, fourth wall, cough!" Joel said.

     "Whoops.." Lucy whispered before we all ran out.

     "Alyssa?!" Travis called. I could faintly hear a sob, and I went in the direction I heard it. My car came into view, but so did something...someone else.

     "Found her!" I yelled, running up to her and wrapping my arms around her shaking body. "Sshhh..it's okay. It's okay.."

~○~Time Skip~○~

     The six of us sat in my living room, the TV turned on and Netflix pulled up. "What do you guys wanna watch?" I asked.

     Joel came out of the kitchen with a large bowl of popcorn. "How about Riverdale? I heard that was good." he suggested. I saw Alyssa's eyes light up.

     "I think Alyssa agrees," I laughed. She hasn't said anything since we found her, and that was around an hour and a half ago. I looked up Riverdale and played the first episode.

     Alyssa sniffed. "Jughead is so hotttt!" she cried. We all laughed. Only she would say something like that after not talking for almost two hours..

•●•●•●•●•●•●•

I suck at updating. I'm really sorry, but I had two things due at school, and people were talking about how I'm not updating in the comments. Sorry 🙁

ANYWAYS...unedited chapter...as usual...so...bai