Chapter 25: Love Once More

Joel's P.O.V
I'm such an idiot! I can't believe I did that to Lizzie! I don't even know what came over me, but something did,something that wasn't good at all. I needed to talk to her, but she hates me. Then I thought about what she said about me being just like Luke and Mackenzie. I felt like such a bad person! Luke almost made Lizzie lose her memory, and Mackenzie made her cry for the longest time..

Gosh, she's gonna cry, and I hate it when she cries. I have to make it up to her. I know she'll never forgive me, but I have to try..I just have to..

Lizzie's P.O.V
I felt so worthless, so used, so stupid. I was blinded by his cuteness and quirky personality. But deep down, he was just like everyone else. I promised myself I wouldn't let this happen again after dating Kevin, but with me being so idiotic, it did. I let a few tears slip down my pale cheeks.

I sank to the floor and sobbed into my knees. Why did he do this?

I could only seem to cry. I couldn't move, and my breaths came out short. I couldn't stand the thought of him being like everyone else. It was too hard to take in, and I refused to believe it was true.

I..I thought he loved me..

The worst part is..I still love him..

Joel's P.O.V

     I rushed towards the room I left her in, barging through the door and seeing Lizzie crying on the floor. What have I done? I ran over to her, scooped her into my lap, and ran my fingers through her hair.

     "I'm so, so sorry, Lizzie. I was just so angry, and I shouldn't have yelled at you. Please..please forgive me.."

     Tears flowed down my face as I spoke. She'll never forgive me.

She slowly turned to look up at me. "I forgive you, Joel.." she whispered, burying her face into my chest. I sighed in relief.

"Thank you, Lizzie. I promise nothing like this will ever happen again for as long as I live," I said to her.

If only I could keep that promise..