Chapter 47: Research

Omggg! Thank everyone for their support! I can't believe there's only 3 more chapters until this book is over!
><><><><><><><><

Lizzie's P.O.V

     My eyes fluttered open, and I wrapped my arm around the figure next to me. "Good morning, Joel," I mumbled.

     "Good morning, Lizzie. But I'm not Joel," the person laughed.

     I rolled over and locked eyes with Oli. I screamed and jumped up, falling onto the floor. Oli laughed again and peered over the edge of the bed.

     "You okay down there?" he asked with a smirk.

     "Shut up and let me get dressed," I ssid, getting up off the floor and pushing Oli out of my room.

     "Wait! What do I wear?!" Oli yelled.

     I sighed and grabbed a plain blue sweatshirt from my closet. I opened the door the threw it at his face, quickly closing and locking it behind me.

     I grabbed a pastel pink tank top and some black leggings. I slipped them on and opened the door, bumping into Oli. "Heyyyy!" he laughed, doing finger guns. I rolled my eyes and walked downstairs.

     "Hey, you want waffles?" I asked, opening the freezer and pulling out a box of Eggos.

     "Yeah, sure!" he cheered.

     "Cool, the the stoves over there," I said, tossing him the box and grabbing a muffin from a container on the counter. He pouted and sighed, opening the box and putting the waffles in a pan.

     "Shoot.." I said as realization hit me. "I have to see Joel today!"

     Oli turned around to face me. "Girl," he said in a feminine voice, "he is not worth your time. I'm spending the day with you, and if I catch him looking at you, I will punch him!"

     "Last night, you said you'd chicken out if you tried to punch him."

     "Well..I mean..shut up!" Oli said, turning back to the stove. "How does this thing work..?" He was asking himself more than he was asking me. He hesitated before shrugging and eating the frozen waffle.

     "Oli, what the heck?" I laughed. His chuckle was muffled by the waffle in his mouth. "Whatever. Let's just get to school."

     We walked out to our seperate cars and drove to school. I had butterflies in my stomach the whole way, and they just got worse when I pulled into a parking space. I got out and walked over to Oli.

     "I'm gonna introduce you to my other friends. Just..try not to act weird, okay?" I told him.

     "If they're friends with you, I'm sure they're just as weird as me." Oli said as I pouted. "Hey, weird is a compliment!"

     We approached Lucy, Ethan, Alyssa, and Travis, and they looked strangely at Oli.

     "Ok..umm..guys, this is Oli. I bought him off eBay last night, and he's my pet panda," I told everyone. Oli rolled his eyes and shook hands with everyone. "Be careful, he's really vicious."

     "Nice to meet you. I'm not her pet, and I'm not vicious. But I was bought off eBay, and I am a panda," Oli said.

     Ethan cleared his throat and looked at me. "So Travis and I did some research last night about this Squip thing. Turns out, you can deactivate it with Mountain Dew Red. So if we just get Joel to drink some, he'll be free if that..thing," Ethan said.

     As if on cue, Joel and Luke walked by. The rest of the football team was behind them, including the second biggest jerk in school, Reggie. Joel looked over at us and started to walk towards our group. But he suddenly flinched, turned around, and walked back to Luke.

     I felt tears in my eyes, and I quickly wiped them away. I couldn't let Joel see me cry. I heard laughing, and I saw Reggie pointing at my tear stained face while he and Joel laughed.

     I looked up and saw Oli glaring at Joel. He began to walk over to him, but I grabbed his shoulder. He shrugged my hand off and stormed over to Joel.

     "No, no, no!" I whisper yelled.

     Oli tapped Joel on the shoulder, and Joel turned to face him, only to get punched in the jaw. Joel fell to the floor, and Oli sprinted back towards us.

     "Holy crap, I actually did it!" he cheered. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Joel who was laying on the floor with a busted lip. He turned and glared at me, looking genuinely mad at me for the first time in a while. I shivered in fear and went to my locker.

     As the bell rang, I went back over to Ethan and Travis.

     "Where the heck can I get some Mountain Dew Red?" I asked with gritted teeth. They smirked at me.

     The plan was a go.

><><><><><><><><><><><

The comment section has me triggered..

After this, only chapters 48, 49, and 50 and an epilogue. Then this book will officially be over.

Also, I took the Reggie character from my favorite show, Riverdale. I'm using the Reggie from season 1 since it's a different actor for season 2. So he looks like this. Disclaimer: he's been in a lot of things from 13 reasons why to Teen Beach Movie..so you might recognize him

Anyways...bai