Chapter 42: Luke's Squip

Joel's P.O.V

I splashed some water on my face in the school bathroom before the test I had next period. I heard someone walk in, and I immediately recognized the voice.

"Ugh! Why are you here?" Luke asked.

I pretended I that didn't hear him and started rummaging through my backpack. "Oh, where's my homework?"

"Yo, I'm talking to you, tall idiot!" Luke yelled, punching the wall. I flinched away from him. He walked over to the urinal.

I sighed at the nickname he always called me when my friends weren't around. "Why do you call me that? I'm not even that tall!"

"Uh, well, you could be if you weren't hunched over and scared..all the time?" In an attempt to avoid him, I went into a stall. "Ah, the only thing more pathetic is the way that you're sneaking off into a stall to get away from me." Luke leaned over and pounded on the door. "Stalls are for girls! Are you a girl, Joel?"

I sighed and walked out, only to be met with the sight of Luke peeing in the urinal. "Oh! Jeez! How can you talk to people while you're.." I gestured to him. "You know..." He just laughed. "Alright, well..you might wanna watch the floor, man. You're getting-"

I was cut off by a gasp from Luke who was holding his neck in pain. He started twitching before he took in a few deep breaths and zipped up his pants.

"Ok..I just remembered I dont have to pee after all.." I said, turning to leave.

"No! Don't move!" he yelled, walking over to me. "You don't remember me freshmen year, do you?"

"You didn't go here freshmen-"

"AHA, YES I DID! See, you just didn't notice...nobody did."

(Don't play the song if you don't like innapropriate words. I changed the wording a little so it was appropriate)

"Freshmen year, I didn't have a girlfriend or a clue. I was a loser just like you! Good times would only soar by..I was gross as every female could attest. My texting was a futile quest. My little heart was all depressed, he was so lonely, poor guy. I was hopeless, hopeless. I was helpless, helpless! Every time I'd wall the hallway, I would trip! I was stagnant and idle, I was so suicidal! And then, then, then, then, then, then, then, then, then, then, then, then, then, I got a squip!" he said.

"You got quick?" I said really fast.

"Not quick, squip!" Luke corrected me.

"I've just..never heard of it before," I admitted.

"Yeah, that's the point! This is some top secret, can't even look it up on the internet, stuff. It's from Japan. It's a gray, oblong pill. Quantum, nanotechnology CPU. The quantum computer in the pill will travel through your blood until it implants in your brain, and it tells you what to do." Luke told me. He sounded insane.

"What?! That's not even possible!" I exclaimed.

"Shut up, tall idiot!" he yelled, gripping the collar of my shirt and holding his fist in the air, ready to punch me. "Umm..sorry. Old habits." He let go of me and I sighed I relief. "Look, man, I apologize for treating you like human garbage all the time. I was only doing it because my squip said I had to! But..now he's saying that you're not such a bad guy, and you might want a squip of your own." I just stared at him in disbelief. "K, if you're not interested.." he turned and started walking out.

"Nonononononono, wait! So..it's like...drugs?" I asked.

He gave a light chuckle. "It's better than drugs, Joel. It's from Japan~!!!! It's a gray, oblong pill. Quantum nanotechnology CPU. The quantum computer in the pill will travel through your blood until it implants in your brain, and it tells you what to do. It tells you what to do. It's pre-programmed, it's amazing, speaks to you directly. You behave as it's appraising. Helps you act correctly. Helps you to be cool, it helps you rule!"

I needed to get out of here..

"Picture this! Nobody cares is you are late 'cause even teachers think you're great! Your weekend's just a full on slate of blowout benders, of teenage rockstar splendors! Right now, you're helpless, helpless! You are almost hopeless! On the school's social map, you're just a blip. But if you take my advice, and of you pay the listed price, well then you go from sad to interesting to hip! Yeah, your whole life will flip! When you buy a squip!"

"Now I got a hook up. This guy who works at Payless shoes at the Methro Park Mall. It's six hundred." he told me.

"Dollars!?!" I yelled in shock.

"Yes, it's worth it! Bring the money in on Monday, you'll see." He started to walk out, but I ran after him.

"W-w-w-w-w-w-wait!" He walled back over to me. "Aren't you gonna wash your hands?"

"Oh, man. Joel, you know what you need? A squip! Hey, yeah a squip! Hey, a squip! Hey, yeah! No longer a drip when you got in your grip a squip, a squip, a squip! Yeah!" he yelled, walking out of the bathroom as the bell rang.

Great, I'm gonna be late. But the teachers won't care if I'm late if I get a squip..

"It's from Japan. It's a gray, oblong pill. Quantum nanotechnology CPU. The quantum computer in the pill will travel through my blood until it implants in my brain, and it tells me what to do. Helps me to be cool, it helps me rule!"

><><><><><><><><

So this was based on Be More Chill. I used the exact lines and lyrics, too, therefore proving I'm trash

So I had an idea to make an Instagram account for my books, mainly this one. That way, you guys know I'm working on a chapter and stuff. Idk if anyone would look at it, though..let me know what u think

Unedited chapter, as usual...bye...