Chapter 48: Mountain Dew Red

Lizzie's P.O.V

     "What do you mean you're breaking up with me?" I asked Joel, wiping away a tear.

     "Look, Liz. It's just not working out. It's like where we were at the beginning of the year. I'm the cool kid, and you're still the same old nerd," Joel told me. I felt my heart sink in my stomach. "Besides, I have a new girlfriend."

     "W-what?" I asked in a whisper.

     I looked over and saw Mackenzie walk towards Joel. She kissed his lips, and he wrapped his arms around her waist.

     "Hi there, Wizzie! Miss me?" Mackenzie asked.

     I rapidly shook my head as more tears escaped from my eyes.

     "Aww, don't be sad! I'm sure you'll find someone out there for you," she said, smirking. "But I'll tell you this." She walked up to me and whispered in my ear with a threatening tone. You'll never get Joel back from me!"

     I sobbed and shook my head.

     "Joel, I know you. You're not like this. You..you love me," I choked out.

     "Oh, Lizzie. I was just being nice to you. I never actually cared," Joel said in a sickeningly sweet voice.

     I dropped to my knees and cried.

     "Awww! Look, everyone! Lizzie's crying!" Mackenzie shouted.

     I could hear the laughs from everyone in the hallway, and I could feel their stares on me.

     "Lizzie?" I hear a distant sounding voice say.

     "Lizzie?!" the voice repeats.

     "Lizzie!"

     I jolt up from my bed. My eyes were bloodshot, my whole body was shaking, and my palms were sweaty.

(First person to start a lyric chain gets a follow. I can't just talk say sweaty palms in a book and not have someone start a lyric chain)

     I look around and see my friends surrounding me, worry written all over their faces.

     "Liz, are you okay?" Lucy asked. "You're crying.." She used her thumb to wipe away the stray tears dripping down my cheeks.

     "B-bad dream," I stuttered.

     "Wanna talk about it?" Oli asked.

     "Joel..he broke up with me for...for Mackenzie. And everyone started making fun of me," I choked out.

     "Awwe, Liz," Alyssa said sadly.

     I glanced around the room and didn't spot Travis or Ethan. "Hey, where's Travis and Ethan?"

     "They went to get the Mountain Dew Red so we can get rid of the Squip," Lucy explained.

     "Do you really think it will work?" I asked.