Chapter 44: A Little Bit Of Light

Lizzie's P.O.V

"AH! Aww, bloody heck!" I groaned as a creeper came up behind me and killed me. I sighed and readjusted myself in my swivel chair. "Well..I guess that's it for today's video. Thanks for watching, and make sure to boop that like button and subscribe! Bye!" I smiled and turned off the camera.

I turned around to where Lucy, Ethan, Alyssa, and Travis were sitting. "Did I do good?" I asked them.

"Nope," Ethan said bluntly. I looked down in shame. "You did great." I looked back up and smiled at him.

"Thanks. I just wish Joel were here.."

"Why isn't he here anyways?" Lucy asked.

I rolled my eyes. "Luke told him about this thing called a Squip. It's supposedly a pill that you take with Mountain Dew, and it implants in your brain and helps you act cool."

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!" Alyssa exclaimed. "What kind of nonsense is that?!"

"That's what I told him! But..he still didn't listen. I just..don't want him to abandon me and leave me all alone." I couldn't hold back the tears that slowly trickled down my cheeks.

I felt multiple arms wrap me in a hug, and I wiped the tears away. "Th-thanks, guys. I'm sorry for getting emotional." I let out a small laugh.

"It's fine. We all cry sometimes," Travis said with a slight smile.

"Maybe you can text him to see how it went," Lucy suggested. I smiled and nodded.

"Great idea." I pulled out my phone and clicked on his contact.

(So the names are what they have each other as)

Lizagna❤- hey, how did everything go?

Smol Bean😘💚 is typing..

I waited for his response, but it never came. I sighed and put my phone down. "He started typing, but he just stopped. Maybe the Squip did work and he doesn't love me anymore." I let a tear slip down my face, and I quickly wiped it away.

(I'M TEARING UP AH)

"I'm sorry again, guys. I keep crying," I whispered. I took off my jacket, revealing my short sleeved shirt.

"At least he's never yelled at you..I know how painful it is to have somebody yell at you..especially someone you love.." Alyssa said.

"Actually..he has..We were at Vidcon, and I slipped onstage. Turns out, I slipped on a piece of his fanart, and I got mad. Then he got mad at me, and yelled in my face..it was terrible.." I whispered

I still remember that dreadful day.

"H..he messed with my emotions that day. He yelled at me me and comforted me." Realization dawned on me. "HE USED ME! I LET HIM USE ME LIKE SOME TOY!" I fell out of my chair and collapsed to my knees. I'm so blind.

Alyssa put a hand on my back and started rubbing circles. "It's okay. I know the pain. Shh." she whispered.

"YOU DON'T KNOW THE PAIN OF BEING USED! PLAYED LIKE A DOLL!" I yelled, making her stumble back.

"Y-yes I do.." she mumbled. Everyone turned to look at her, but she shook her head. "That's a story for another time. Now how can we make our favorite gal pal feel better?" she asked with a smile.

"I could go for some fro yo right about now," I laughed.

"Then to fro yo we go!" Ethan yelled, running out the door. Everyone else ran out, and I got up to follow them.

Ding

I looked down at my phone to see a notification from Joel.

Smol Bean😘💚 has blocked you

I let out a shaky breath before following my friends outside, shutting my phone down on the way.

I can't let him ruin my positive attitude.

As I got into the backseat of the car, Ethan started driving.

"Hey, guys?" I said. We stopped at a stop sign and everyone turned to me. "Thanks. Thanks for being the little bit of light to brighten my day."

><><><><><><><><><

And it's done.

Thanks for your ideas in the last chapter thing I posted. It really helped.

I may or may not have almost cries while writing this..whoops..

Only six more chapters and this book is finally done! I probably won't make a part 2, but we'll see 🤷

Thanks for reading 😗