Chapter 26: Arrivals

Lizzie's P.O.V
A ray of sunlight shone through the blinds, stirring me awake. I looked around and remembered that I was in Joel's house. I felt all the sticky tear stains on my face and the flashbacks of yesterday rolled in. A single tear slipped down my cheek and onto the pillow right when Joel walked in. I remembered him driving me home from Vidcon after the little..incident..

"Morning Lizagna," he said. I smiled and said, "Is that your cute little nickname for me?" "Yup," he nodded and jumped onto the bed with me. "Want some breakfast?" he asked. I nodded, and he left the room, placing a kiss on my head before walking out. I pulled out my phone and saw five missed calls and thirteen missed text messages from my mom. "Oh shoot," I mumbled. I immediately texted her, saying I was alright and that I was at Joel's house. After that, I went downstairs and saw that Joel was making scrambled eggs and toast.

"Nom nom," I said as he placed a plate in front of me. He laughed as I wolfed down my food like an animal. "Hungry much?" he teased. I blushed, cleared my plate, and flopped on the couch. I pulled out my phone and began to play Neko Atsume. "Ugh! Tubbs keeps eating all the good food, so I can't get any more cats!" I groaned. Joel looked at me with a confused look on his face, and I just gave him a cheeky smile.

"Wanna watch Once Upon a Time?" Joel asked. (Once Upon a Time is literally my fav show..don't judge me). I nodded and laid my head on his lap. As we watched the show, I swore I saw someone outside the window moving around. "Umm, Joel?" I said. "Yeah, Liz?" he replied. "Is it just me, or do you keep seeing someone outside the window?" I asked. "I don't see anything," he said with a look of concern on his face. "Well, I do, and I think you should get a weapon or somethings," I said. He nodded, got up, and went to the kitchen. As he opened the knife drawer, he pulled out a knife that was no more effective than a butter knife. "Really, that's the best you can do," I said. I got up and pulled out a steak knife. "You need something like this!" I told him. "B-But...I don't like to hurt things!" he said in a cute voice (tell me if you get the reference😊). I sighed and went to the door. I turned the knob slowly, knife in hand.

As I was about to pull the door open, it was pushed from the other side. I jumped back a little, startled at the sudden jerk of the door. As I looked in the doorframe, I saw a person I never wanted to see again. Standing in that doorframe with a big smirk of his face was Luke.