Chapter 50: Final Vows

Oli is such an angel when he sings, oh my God

•••

~5 years later~

Lizzie's P.O.V

     I tucked my pink and purple ombre hair behind my ear as I looked into the mirror. I moved a flower in my hair slightly to the right, then back, then to the right again. My sister Maddie, who was also my maid of honor, sighed and shook her head.

     "Stop it," she said, turning me around and placing her hands on my shoulders. "You look great, don't be so nervous." She smiled and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

     "Thanks, Mads. You look great, too." I smiled and hugged her. "But I can't help it! I'm getting married! It seems like just yesterday he proposed to me."

~Wow is this a cheesy flashback~

     Joel and I were taking a walk on a beautiful spring afternoon. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, but he told me I was gonna like it. He somehow got me to agree to it. We walked in a comfortable silence as our intertwined hands swung back and forth.

     "Are we almost there?" I asked.

     "Yes, be patient!" he laughed.

     We walked for a few more minutes when I started to recognize the area we were in.

     "Hey, this is the way we that we used to go to school," I said. He said nothing, but a smile grew on his face. "What are you hiding?"

     "Nothing," Joel said innocently. "But look."

     I turned to my right, and there stood my high school. The place where I met some of my best friends. The place I graduated from five years ago. The place I was bullied for years, but was able to gain a friendship with those bullies. The place where I met Joel, the love of my life. The building hadn't changed a bit. The stone steps still led up to the old fashioned front doors which led to the beautiful stone building.

     "Wow." No other words could form.

     "Are you surprised?" Joel asked. I nodded up and down, still gazing at the building. "Good, then that makes this all the better."

     I turned to look at him, only to find him staring at me, a nervous look on his face.

     "My gosh, Lizzie. Where do I start? Well, we met in high school when you were meant to tutor me, and we really started talking when I saved you from Luke. God, I can barely remember the times when he was a stuck up jerk," Joel let out an emotionless laugh.

     "We've run into so many difficult paths throughout the six years that we've been together, and I've loved you every step of the way. So Lizzie," Joel pulled a small black box out of his jacket pocket and got down on one knee, "will you marry me?"