Chapter 4 - A Ball

Dear Sir Jude & Lady Layla Heartfilia,

You have been cordially invited to the High Ranks Wolves Ball which will be held this weekend. It starts at 5pm and ends at 11pm. You may bring along your child, Lucy Aurora Heartfilia. We hope to see you there.

Yours sincerely,
Head of the High Ranks of Wolves,
Gran Doma

Layla read out loud to her husband and daughter. Jude sighed while Lucy kept on eating her roasted steak. Layla carefully put the invitation back to its blood red envelope and sealed it.

" Another ball for the high rank wolves again. " Layla said as she started to eat again.

The High Rank Wolves Ball is only opened to the Alphas, Lunas, Betas and Omegas. Their children are allowed to come if they want to. Lucy has gone twice, once when she was 11 and another when she was 14.

" Must I go? " Lucy asked.

" Yes. You have to. Every child of an alpha and luna must go when they are 17 and older. " Layla explained.

" What time is it? " Jude looked up from his plate and his eyes landed on the envelope.

" 5pm-11pm. Well, we have to get ready our outfits. Lucy, I'll see you in fifteen minutes. " Layla said as she stood up and left the dining room.

" I'll be in my room, Father. Thank you for the meal. " Lucy bowed and left as well.

" *Sigh* When will she break down those walls? " he muttered before getting up and went out through the door.
*
" The last time you went there, you wore pink. So, you're wearing pink again. " Layla decided before rummaging through her daughter's closet.

She threw a few dresses down to the ground while Spetto, her personal maid, collected the dresses which were on the floor.

" Here it is! " Layla squealed like a teenager when she found a beautiful peach pink dress for her daughter.

" I'll have it washed thoroughly, ironed and dried beautifully before the weekend. " Layla announced before leaving while Spetto hurriedly put the dresses back, bowed and left after Layla.

Lucy groaned before holding her handphone and scrolled to her contacts. She pressed Levy's name and put her phone to her ear.

" Lu-chan? "

" Hey, Levy-chan. "

" What's up? "

" Are you invited to the ball? "

" Yes. And I have to go. I'm guessing you are as well. "

" Yeah. The others? "

" They're going as well. I have to go now. See ya. " Levy said and hung up the phone.

" Ugh. Going to that ball is torture. " she groaned before drifting off to sleep.

At the Dragneels...