Chapter 26 - I'm Sure I Saw Him & A Note

Lucy's P.O.V

I was sure I saw him. Jackal. Why was he there. He shouldn't even be there. That was my pack's graveyard. He's not part of the pack so why was he there?

I was currently in my French class and Professor Alexandre Lefebvre who teaches students French in this school for seven years was reciting a passage a famous book from France.

À la recherche du temps perdu is the title of the book. In English it means In Search of Lost Time and in Japanese, it means, Ushinawareta Jikan O Motomete.

It was written by Marcel Proust. It was considered his most prominent work and was a novel of seven volumes. We were currently on the third volume.

" [1]Madame Heartfilia, pourriez-vous continuer au paragraphe quatre du chapitre sept? " Professor Alexandre called as I stood up and started reciting the paragraph.
*
School was finally over. I was at least able to concentrate on my classes since the Jackal sighting was bothering me.

Natsu kept on asking me if I was alright since I was acting strange. I thought I fooled everyone but I guess that Natsu was able to see through me.

Natsu insisted to come back with me to my mansion so we did our homework together with me mostly tutoring him on history since he didn't bother reading the text about World War I.

Natsu's P.O.V (A/N: I decided to change P.O.V's since I put too much Lucy's P.O.V in the last few chapters.)

Luce was acting strange. When we were about to leave the graveyard the other day, she looked shocked and frozen when she saw something. I looked at the place where she saw the thing that shocked her but I only caught a glimpse of dirty blonde hair and wolf ears.

Who was that wolf? Why was it bothering Luce? I decided to ask Luce, I couldn't help being in the dark.

" Luce, who was that wolf with dirty blonde hair and visible wolf ears? " I finally asked as we were having a break.

I saw Luce's eyes widened and she whipped her head to my direction.

" You saw him too?! I thought I was just a hallucination! " Lucy whispered shouted/screamed.

" Who was that? " I asked again.

" ...Jackal. " she said with venom.

" Let's go for a run. " I suggested as I stood up and dragged Lucy to the woods.

No one's P.O.V

Immediately, the two shifted and went for a run. Both enjoying each other's company and the wind against their fur when they ran.

Then, they encountered their friends.

" Lu-chan! " Levy squealed as she jumped and shifted in the air and hugged Lucy's wolf.

Gajeel quickly shifted back and wrapped a towel around Levy.

" You're in public shrimp. And naked. " Gajeel said as he finished wrapping Levy's body with a towel.

" What about you? " Levy shot back as Gajeel shifted back to his wolf form.

" Dammit. " Levy muttered and looked away and petted Lucy's wolf.

Lucy shifted back and quickly got a robe which was tucked away in her fur. She quickly wore it.

" Levy-chan, why are you here? " Lucy asked.

" Eh, Gajeel ran away from studying. " Levy smiled awkwardly as she looked back at Gajeel.
*
Levy and Gajeel had already left and Lucy and Natsu were about to leave until Lucy saw a figure in the woods.

She squinted her eyes to see who it was and gasped.

This time for sure, she knew it was him. Natsu turned around to see Lucy staring at a figure and soon realised who it was.

Without another word, he picked her up and ran back to her mansion. Once they were in the mansion, they raced back to her bedroom where Lucy broke down.

" Oh my god, it's Jackal, Natsu! It's really him! I'm sure I saw him! " Lucy gasped as she thought of bad things.

" Shh...it'll be fine. " Natsu cooed and soon Lucy fell asleep.
*
When Lucy woke up, she found a note from Natsu saying that he went back home. Lucy went to her hot springs and got ready to sleep.

As she was about to go under her covers, she saw a note. She picked it up and dropped it as soon as she read it.

I'm coming for you.

            -J
----------------------------------------------
Another update, yay! Haha. Sorry for the short chapter. I've been dying to already go to the climax of this story but I have to take it slow but I just can't! So, I might update again later today. Might is the key word here. It's not confirmed but it's possible. Sorry for the short chapter. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sayonara, minna!

[1] Madame Heartfilia, pourriez-vous continuer au paragraphe quatre du chapitre sept? means Miss Heartfilia, would you please continue from paragraph four of chapter seven?

*EDITED*