Chapter 5 - Spending Time Together

" I saw how you look at him, Lucy. Are you already falling for your mate? " Layla questioned her daughter.

" Mom~ You and the other parents set it up, didn't you? " Lucy groaned.

" Maybe but we discussed and decided to do that because the chances of you being mates with him was high. " Layla reasoned.

" And today, you and Natsu will be going out to town to spend time together. " Jude added.

" WHAT?! " Lucy looked at her parents in disbelief.

" I can't believe this... " Lucy groaned in misery.

" I have prepared your outfit for your date already. It's been hung up at your walk-in closet door." Layla smiled as Lucy got up and walked to her room.

At the Dragneel's...

" WHAT?! " Natsu shouted and stood up from the dining table.

" Are you serious?! "

" Yes, I'm serious now sit down. " Igneel commanded his son who sat down with a pout.

" Is Nii-san nervous for his date? " Aika giggled as Natsu shot her a glare.

" You could have told me in advance so that I could prepare... " Natsu muttered in despair.

" Don't worry, your friends will be with you as well as Lucy's friends. " Miho assured him.

" Whatever. " Natsu mumbled and left the dining room for his room.
*
" So, I have to wear casual human clothes? " Lucy questioned her mother who was arranging her outfit in place.

" Yes, dear. You're going to the human world either way. " Layla replied.

"*sigh* This is something I've never wore before. Yet it feels comfortable. " Lucy uttered as she stared at herself in the mirror.

" Virgo will do your hair. I'll meet you downstairs once you're done. " Layla pat her shoulder before leaving the room.

" Hime, what hairstyle would you like? " Virgo asked as she grabbed a hair brush.

" A hairstyle that would go well with this outfit. " Lucy replied as she sat down at her dressing table.

Virgo put Lucy's hair into a simple high ponytail and tied it using a matching green turquoise ribbon.

" How's that, Hime? Is it okay? " Virgo asked.

" Yeah. Thank you. " Lucy smiled at her and went downstairs to meet her mother.

" Here. A small bag and a sum of money inside. Be back before 9 in the evening. " Layla handed her a bag with a wallet inside full of money.

" Yeah. Bye! " she waved as she put her phone inside and got into the limo.

" Do you know where we are going? " Lucy asked Capricorn.