Chapter 9 - Something's Wrong

" So, how was your day, Lucy? " Layla asked her daughter who was currently in her silk pink nightgown and sitting on her window seat.

(A/N: Close to what I had in mind as Lucy's nightwear)

" It was...good. We did karaoke and did a little shopping. " Lucy replied as she gazed out of the window.

Her long blonde hair was in a neat French braid tied by a pink elastic.

" Mom, are you ok? You look paler and your bones somehow can be seen. Are you doing alright? " Lucy asked as she finally averted her gaze from the window and locked onto her mother who seemed surprised by that question.

She was wearing a nightgown similar to Lucy's but was red and a robe.

It was true though

It was true though. Layla's fair skin has become pale and not only that. Lucy has noticed that she could see some of her mother's bones.

" Dear, I'm alright. Nothing to worry about. " Layla reassured her daughter as she showed her kind and caring smile to Lucy who smiled weakly.

" Mom, I'm gonna hunt tomorrow with my friends at 4. They'll be here at 3.30. Is that ok? " Lucy asked as she turned her head back to the window.

" Yes, it's fine. Just be careful. Now, I'm gonna sleep. Good night, Lucy. " Layla planted a kiss on her daughter's forehead before turning to leave the room.

Lucy noticed her bones showing on her arms and legs. She was worrying about her mother's condition. She would confront about it with her father if he knows about this.

She slowly stood up and went over to the light switch and switched off the lights and left her room. She made her way to her father's office.

Her nightgown swayed as a cold breeze blew in her direction but she didn't feel the coldness, she just continued her journey to the office.

She knocked on the door once she got there but he didn't answer. Then, Scorpio appeared.

" Sir Jude has retired to the bed with Lady Layla early today. " Scorpio informed her.