Chapter 23 - New Semester

A/N : After the New Year's Eve countdown, when you see this * it means that it's the new semester already.

The group met up at the place where the countdown took place and met some new friends and their friends from their academy.

(New friends are Lyon and Meredy and friends from the academy, StingYu and RoKa)

They all were chatting excitedly and soon thy could hear people starting to countdown. They all then started to join.

" 10! "

" 9! "

" 8! "

" 7! "

" 6! "

" 5! "

" 4! "

" 3! "

" 2! "

" 1! "

" Happy new year! " everyone shouted as fireworks were in the sky.

And all the couples then were seen kissing each other.
*
The new semester has started and all of the students were slowly filling up the auditorium.

This time, their uniforms have changed again. Every year, the school uniform changes for some unknown reason and not only that, the third years have no school until June unless they want to come back to the academy during that time. Then, on July, they would go to college.

The boys uniform consisted of a white button-up shirt, black pants, black shoes and a dark red blazer which must always be buttoned up and a maroon coloured neck tie.

The girls uniform consisted of a maroon coloured dress which went all the way down to their thighs, short dark red blazer which will always be buttoned up, black leggings under their dress and finally, a red ascot.

They all got their new uniforms and changed into them except for the third years since they will only be there until June.

After changing into their new uniforms, they all went to collect their new schedules and went to their classrooms.

As their respective teachers for the year greeted them, they started assigning seats.

Once that was done, their teacher, Gildarts Clive, started to question the same question each teacher would ask in the academy once the year starts.

" So, who has found their mate from the past year? " he asked and nine hands shot up.

" Alright, go and tell everyone whose your mate so that they will not go near your mate then. " Gildarts said as he sat down to listen to his students.

This happens every year. At the start of school, the teachers will ask the students if they have found their mate. They ask this to put it in their records so that when they graduate and go to college, their principal and teacher would know if they have found their mate or not.

" Juvia's mate is Gray. "

" My mate is Juvia. "

" I'm Gajeel's mate. "

" Shrimp's my mate. "

" Shrimp? There is no such person named Shrimp. " Gildarts raised a brow.

" Ugh. Levy's my mate. " Gajeel groaned.

" Luce is my mate. Luce's mate is me. So, hands off. " Natsu said cheerily but then turned serious.