Chapter 3 - Encounter

It was the second day the transfer students has been in Fairy Tail Academy and they were wondering if The She-Wolves were their mates due to their names.

" They have the exact same names as our mates. " Erza stated.

The She-Wolves were at the rooftop together. Trying to figure out if the transfer students are their mates.

Erza and Levy were leaning against a wall while Wendy was with Juvia, sitting in the ledge. Mira was sitting on the bench and lastly, Lucy was standing on the ledge.

" We don't know much about them either. " Levy added.

" We can try out the plan but... " she trailed off.

" ...if we were wrong and fall in love with them then... " Wendy continued.

" ...we are doomed. " Mira finished the sentence.

This whole time, Lucy was staring down at the campus and just her luck, the transfer students saw her.

" WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! " Natsu shouted and pointed at Lucy who was still standing on the ledge.

The other boys looked up to see that the other girls were there as well. But seeing Juvia and Wendy sitting on the ledge as well, sent Gray and Romeo into a panic state.

" GET DOWN FROM THERE! " the three shouted in unison.

The three girls exchanged glances and nodded. The three jumped from the ledge which caused the boys' eyes to widened. They landed gracefully on the ground.

" WHAT THE F*** WERE YOU THINKING?! " Gray shouted at the three when they stood up.

" Tch. Juvia and the others can take care of ourselves. " Juvia stated simply.

" We do not need your concern. " Wendy added coldly.

" Is it a problem if we are concerned for you?! " Romeo asked, frustrated.

Then, three other figures jumped down. Thy are, Erza, Mirajane and Levy.

" Don't act friendly with us. We can't always put our guard down. " Erza said, giving a cold glare towards the boys.

" Can we at least be friends? " Jellal questioned.

" Acquaintances would be a better word than friends. " Levy piped up.

" Why are you six cold hearted? " Gajeel asked, annoyed by their attitude.

" Because, we simply do not like to put our guard down until we find our mates. " Mira answered bluntly.

" And what happens if we are your mates? " Laxus asked, emphasising the word 'your'.

" How can you be so sure? Just by having the same name as your mate doesn't mean that they could be your mate. What happens if they're faking it? What happens if they are fake and you put your guard down? What happens if you get severely injured by a careless mistake? Tell me. What will happen if we do that? " Lucy fired multiple questions.

'She finally spoke.' The other She-Wolves thought.

The boys started racking their brains for answers.

" See? You can't even give me an answer. That's why, we will be just mere acquaintances until further notice. " she decided and walked away with the others following her.

" Damn. Smartass. " Natsu mumbled.
*
At the Heartfilia Mansion...

" Really? " Layla questioned her Daughter as she got dressed.