Chapter 10 - School's Reaction & Devastating News

Lucy's P.O.V

It's time for school once again. I've been bothered by Mom. She's growing weak. It like, if she stands for too long, her knees will give way and there was one time where she collapsed.

Father seems to know about it. Actually, everyone does except me. Why? Why won't they tell me?

I was currently soaking in my personal hot spring and was staring off into space.

I've been pondering about it for so long that I didn't realised Virgo was knocking on my bathroom door.

" Hime? Is everything alright? " Virgo asked in her monotone voice.

" Mm-hmm. I'll be out in a minute. " I called out as I started to dry my body with my towel.

I quickly dried my body and wore my bathroom robe and it out of the bathroom.

I wore my usual uniform but the only thing different this time was that I wore a royal blue bow instead of the white bow.

I headed down to the dining room. I quickly picked up a paper bag filled with food inside. No one comes down to the dining room ever since Mom collapsed and dad is busy with work and caring for her sometimes.

I went to the limo as Aries handed me my bag. I didn't thanked anyone today as I had too many thoughts about Mom. Everyone in the pack knows that I've been troubled but never told me about her condition.

I went inside the limo as Capricorn drove off to my school. I quickly looked over the contents of my breakfast. Some fruit salad, eggs and hotdogs.

I already ate half of my salad, a quarter of my hotdogs and half of my eggs when we have arrived at school. I quickly or out and raced up the stairs to the rooftop.

Normal P.O.V

Lucy opened the door to the rooftop and practically everyone is there except for her, Natsu and Romeo.

" Lucy-san! " Wendy exclaimed. She was the first to see her enter.

" Ohaiyo. " Lucy smiled a small smile.

" Ne, ne, we were just discussing on how the school will react about us being mates. " Levy smirked.

" Oh...I bet they'll be frozen stiff. " Juvia giggled.

" Ohaiyo, minna! " Natsu burst onto the rooftop with Romeo behind him.

" Sorry we're late! " they called out.

Natsu glanced at Lucy who was deep in thought. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

" Natsu... " she mumbled.

The rest of them were chatting away with their mates about whatnot.

" What you thinking about? " Natsu asked in her ear as she leaned back into his chest.

" Mom... " she whispered as she stared off into the sky.

" Geez- " he got cut off by the bell, ringing that class was about to start.

Immediately, everyone quickly went to their classes and paid attention.

Well, Lucy tried but didn't get caught not paying attention.

When lunch finally arrived, they all met up outside the cafeteria.

" I guess it's showtime now, huh? " Erza smirked as everyone had a Cheshire grin.

Even Lucy has a small grin on her face.

Soon, they all went into the cafeteria.

Shouts, screams and squeals were all heard until...it became utterly silent.