Chapter 59

Samantha's POV.

I gently sipped of the hot cup of tea Dorothea had made for me as Harry and me returned from the engagement party.
I still hadn't responded to the message Amy sent to me, but I knew I had to.

Harry was away at some late work, while I just stayed at home, buried underneath a blanket in the huge couch in the pool room. My whole body was shaking even though I wasn't freezing. I was nervous, really nervous.

I picked up my phone and looked at the text

*we need to talk.*

A hard lump found its way to my stomach as I with a soft groan closed my eyes. C'mon Sam, don't be a pussy I thought.

I started to write a tex with my left hand.

*okay, can I call you?*

With a small doubt my thumb hit the send button. A small feeling of regret started to fill my body as I took another calming sip of my tea.

My phone started to buzz, it was Amy who called me.

I took a deep breath before I answered.

*hello?*

*where are you?*

She was angry.

*at Harry's, why?* I asked, gently tightening my grip around the teacup.

*im coming, there's a LOT of things that needs to be explained*

I sighed *okay, I'll telL Dorothea that you're coming over*

*good, and Sam?*

*yeah?*

*this isn't going to be pleasant*

With those words she ended the call. Pleasant? Please, this isn't going to be pleasant, far from it actually. She's probably going to kill me. Just because Alex couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut.

I gently sat up and placed the teacup onto the coffee table. I wrapped the blanket around me and walked into the kitchen where I could hear Dorotheas humming.

"Dorth, we need to prepare for a war"

"Why? Who's coming?" She said as she put down an antique fruit bowl on to the counter.

"Amy is coming over, and she is really mad"

"Mad as in "I hate you" or "I'm going to stab you slowly to death with a fork in your eye"?"

"Fork in your eye"

Dorothea tightened the apron around her waist "I'm getting the bleach from the basement, can't risky Mr. Styles new carpet to get ruined"

As Dorothea left I gently walked over to the window. It had darkened a bit and I could feel in the bottom of my heart that Amy was pissed. The man she's going to marry is in love with me. And I can't take it if I lose her again.

Dorothea returned into the kitchen.

"Don't worry Sam, it will be alright. I have an alarm button below the counter to the police if something happens"

"Really?" I asked.

She smirked, and I knew she was fooling around with me.

"I'm nervous, Amy is pissed. And I know that this won't end well"

"Cmon, you're sisters. This is what sisters do"

"Not exactly"

"I have a sister back in Russia. We fought a lot. It's normal" she sighed "except we used baseball bats"

I laughed softly. "You're so full of shit"

She shrugged "I am a lady with lots of secrets"

I shook my head as a loud bang echoed from the hall.

"I'll get it" I said as I walked past Dorothea out into the hall.

I placed my hand onto the cold door handle.

I took a small breath as I opened the door.
Amy's face was red with anger, and Alex standing next to her with his head towards the ground told me everything. I was doomed.

"Come in" I said and stepped aside.

Both Amy and Alex walked into the hall and down into the kitchen.

Both of them took a seat around the table. I sat down in front of Amy, meeting her cold blue eyes.

"Okay" she said "let's get this fucking over with"

I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me that you two fucking slept together?!?"

I looked at Alex, he was devastated.

I took a deep breath "to my defence, I didn't know that it was Alex you were engaged to, and above that, me and Alex slept ages ago. And it was a one time thing"

"Hah" she looked at Alex "that wasn't what you told me"

I arched a brow.

"He said that he loved you, and still does, did you know that?"

My eyes met Alex.

"He told me earlier today. And I told him to suck it up and to be a man"

"Why didn't you tell me!?"

"When was I supposed to do that? I found out about it four hours ago, and I didn't wanted to ruin your party?! You can't blame me on this"

She crossed her arms over her chest.

"You're uninvited to the wedding"

"What?" I said as I swung out with my arms.

"You heard me, come Alex"

She stood up and grabbed Alex's arm with her hand.

"You can't be serious?!" I said as I followed them down the hall.

"Sam, just back the fuck off. I'm tired of having you around okay? You have fucked my fiancé and he loves you, I can't have you around"

"It was ages ago! And i definitely doesn't love him!"

"Good, because if you did, I wouldn't mind putting you underneath the ground"

I was speechless. So damn speechless.

"So please, go and fuck yourself"

She opened the door and slammed it close behind her.

I can't believe she blame everything on me. And I can't believe that Alex didn't say anything about it either.

-----------------