CHAPTER 31

Samantha's POV

José drove up by Bill's grill and stopped the car by the entrance, Harry walked outside before he gently walked around the car and opened my door. He held out his hand for me and I grabbed it gently as we walked together into the restaurant through the big glass doors. It's smelled like it used to, BBQ sauce and smoky meet from the kitchen. I smiled at the thought of all the old memories I had here with my dad, my birthday party and mom and dad's anniversary and of course, mine and dad's secret dinner days.

A blonde girl with a heavy eye makeup met us by the doors with a big smile.

"Welcome to Bill's grill, a table for two?" She asked.

I nodded and looked over at Harry, he looked kind of grumpy and maybe even a bit disappointed.

"Outside or inside?"

I was about to say inside when Harry opened his mouth.

"Outside"

The blonde waitress smiled as she leaded us outside to the patio with several tables placed across it in the view of the beautiful sea.

"Here's your table and I'll be back in a couple of minutes to get your orders"

I smiled at her as Harry picked up the menu not even moving an inch of his face.

When the waitress was out of sight I took the opportunity to ask him what's wrong.

"Harry what's wrong?" I asked and Harry met my brown eyes with his green.

"Nothing"

"Don't lie to me, I can see that something is bothering you"

Harry rolled his eyes slowly before he placed the menu on the table and rested his back softly against the chair "nothing is bothering me"

"Then why are you so-" I sighed "off?"

"I'm not off Samantha, this is just not what I expected okay?, but I told you to choose restaurant and I'm glad that we're here so can you please drop it?" He said and I nodded before I picked up the menu and scrolled through the dishes.

I was choosing between the roasted chicken with BBQ sauce or the smoky ribs, I tapped with my fingers against the table as I waited for the waitress to return.

"Sorry for waiting. Have you decided what you want to order?"

"I'll take the roasted chicken with BBQ sauce, and I would like to add some coleslaw if that's possible"

"Of course, and you mr?"

"I'll get the same as her, but with red wine sauce instead of BBQ"

"Absolutely, and to drink?"

"Your best wine"

The waitress nodded before she disappeared inside with our orders, I took a quick look out over the view, the sea was slightly lit up by the sunset and I could smell the water from the breeze.

"So.." Harry started to get my attention.

"Sorry, I just got so amazed by the view" I said as I slightly scratched my arm.

"It's okay, you look very cute when you're daydreaming" he said followed by a soft giggle.

"You think? Thanks"

Harry smiled sightly as his eyes met mine once again.

"Isn't it funny, I went from a girl searching for a job in New York to a girl who's working for a billionaire company and even has a secret affair with the owner"