CHAPTER 49

Samantha's POV

after hours of cleaning the house finally looked like it self again. Everything was glowing. Including moms eyes as she watched me and Vicky put back the Ajax and the towels into the storage underneath the stair.

"A really good job girls! I'm beyond happy" she said, giving us a real Carol smile.

I smiled, wiping my hands onto my jeans.

"It was a pleasure, me and Sam here used to be best friends in high school Mrs Brown" Vicky said, gently hooking her arm into mine.

I swallowed hard.

Mom raised her brows and gave Vicky a nod. "You were?"

Vicky smiled widely "yeah"

Are she serious?

My brain told me to punch her right into her face, maybe she would loose a tooth if I were lucky. But my heart told me that I was better than her. So I gave them my best fake smile.

"Well, we used to be best friends until me and lucas hooked up"

Vicky exchanged a cold look with me.

"He's a sweet boy" mom added to the cool conversation.

"Yeah, he is" I said gently smirking at Vicky.

She did look a bit uncomfortable, but I didn't care, she was lying. And she will pay for it.

"You used to date lucas as well?" Mom asked Vicky.

She nodded "I broke up with him"

I chuckled softly "that's not really true, he broke up with you"

Vicky looked really uncomfortable "ops, my bad"

Mom smiled "I'll better get those cookies into the oven"

I nodded as I released my arm from Vicky's.

"Don't you dare to lie Vicky, not to my mom"

She rolled her eyes. "We were friends in high school"

I swung out with my arms "you bullied me for 5 years Vicky, we were NEVER friends" I said and underlined never in my sentence.

"I know, but I have apologised"

I sighed "an apology will never repair the pain you've caused me"

"I made you cry, so what?" She said and shrugged.

"You made me cry? Vicky, you made so much more" I held up my arm to her and pointed at one scar on my wrist.

"This is after you pulled down my pants in the middle of a gym class" I moved to the next scar.

"This is from when you poured ants into my clothes when we were camping at the lake in 8th grade that made me get undressed in front of everybody"

And to the last scar. The deepest

"And this, this are from when you showed everyone a video from when you forced me to kiss a boy in a closet, and it turned out to be Toby's ass"

Vicky's eyes were big and actually a bit glossy.

"So no, we were never friends. And please leave my house"

"But our lunch?" She asked quietly.

"I would rather eat it in the toilet"

She nodded, grabbing her jacket and her purse.

"Goodbye then" she said as she opened the door and stepped outside.

She closed the door behind her and I let out a soft breath. Damn. That was unexpected.