CHAPTER 3

Today was the day Amy left us for exactly 1 year ago. My chest was heavy with sorrow and my mind was full of pictures of her face and how we played together as kids.

I sat up on the bed and took a heavy breath before I prayed to god that I would get through this day without crying my eyes out. I miss her so damn much.

I walked out to our cute little kitchen. Lucas is a really good artist and have filled the walls with his own paintings, I just love how creative he is. My eyes stopped on a white letter lying on the table, I took I between my hands and read it.

"R.I.P Amanda Brown. Today it's 1 year since you left us behind, may your soul rest in peace."

Lucas wrote a letter before he left this morning that I could place on the grave. Lucas mom really liked Amy even though Lucas didn't knew why, so she told us to write her a letter from all of us to place at her grave and I thought it was a beautiful idea. It was written with a golden pen and the paper was detailed with roses. She's going to love it and a smile appeared on my face as a memory played behind my eyes. Amy once told me that she wanted to work with roses, to open her own flower shop when she was older. But then my smiled disappeared as I knew that she never would be able to do that.

I shook my head and placed the letter into my bag. I was going to leave early so I could be at my parents house by lunch so we could walk down to the grave before 2 pm so I could make a quick visit to my grandmother before I needed to go back home. I placed one of my CVs in my bag just incase my mom would like to read it.

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower before I changed into a black dress. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and applied some natural makeup. I took my black ballerina shoes before I checked the apartment one last time before I walked down to a cab that would drive me to the airport.

"Where are we heading miss?"

"John F kennedy international airport" I said and placed my bag beside me before we drove out on the road. I checked my makeup quickly by having my phone as a mirror.

"Some special event miss is going to?" The cab driver asked.

"To my family, we are having a ceremony for my dead sister" I said.

"I'm so sorry" he said and the look on his face told me that he really was sorry.

"It's okay, this is the first time I actually is going there by myself" I explained.

"It is?" He asked.

"Yeah, my boyfriend Lucas used to come with me"

"It's going to be okay" he smiled.

I smiled back at him.

"My cousin Matt died in an car accident last year, it was awful. It came as a shock you know" he said.

"Yeah, it's so hard to lose someone who was really close to you."

"That true miss" he said.

"Please call me Sam" I said.

He smiled again and continued to drive.

The weather was warm and the trees was big and green. The summer was almost here and that's a really good sign today. The only thing that was annoying was the cigarette smell from the cab driver otherwise everything was going on pretty well so far.

The cab ride was short as I was half asleep the whole ride, lots of memories about Amy and of course I missed Lucas. He's been with me the last 2 times and it's kind of empty to not have him by my side today. But I need to learn to stand on my own legs, to show everyone that I'm not that person that needs someone by her side all the time.