Chapter 56

Samantha's POV

"Well well, it's been a really long time" the man said as he stopped only inches away from me.

He was dressed in a brown leather jacket, black jeans and had black military boots. He looked a little like a Mexican, his Spanish accent proved me that. He had a sharp face, with structures that could kill and brown eyes.

"Who are you?"

He frowned with a smirk "ah, I bet Cassie hasn't told you"

"Told me what? And how do you know Cassie?" I asked as I gently crossed my arms over my chest.

Dorothea grabbed my arm but I just pulled it away.

"I'm your dad, by blood"

What.

I arched a brow, this can't be true "I don't believe you, now move I need to pay for this machine"

"Not so quick" he said and grabbed my arm.

I froze to ice as his muscular hand touched the thin fabric covering my arm.

"I want to talk to you, privately" he said and gave Dorothea an cold eye.

"I don't trust you" I said as I met his gaze.

"I don't expect you to, but please, let me talk to you"

I pulled my arm out of his grip "not a chance, you could be a killer or something"

He rolled his eyes "you definitely got your fast judgement from Cassie"

"Just go away" I spit.

He shook his head "please Samantha, there's so much I want to tell you, don't you want to know where you come from?"

I shook my head "no, I'm pleased with what I already know thanks" I said and went to the cashier.

"Please Samantha, I need you to know the whole truth"

"There's no truth when it comes to you or Cassie, leave me out of it, I don't know you"

"Samantha, I beg you"

I gave the cashier my money "save me your pity and leave, I have my own life"

"I can't force you, but I can promise that you'll regret this now or later"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bag with the baking machine. "I don't care"

I grabbed Dorotheas arm and walked with her outside towards her black Mercedes. I placed the baking machine in the backseat. I gave the antique shop one last glance before I jumped into the front seat and waited for Dorothea to start the engine.

"Who was that man?" She asked as she left the small parking lot.

"I have no idea.. I remember Cassie mentioning something about my dad abandoning me, but it can't be him"

"It's weird of him having a photo of you either way, I think you should call the police"

I shook my head "they won't help me, he didn't harm me or threatening me, I have nothing to give them"

"That's true, are you going to tell Harry about this?"

I shook my head once again "I don't want to drag him into my shit anymore. I'm tired of ending up in trouble. I'm going home and I'm going to attend to my sister engagement party"

"Sounds very clever of you"

After some minutes of driving Dorothea parked outside Harry's massive house.