Day 9

I was happy to be out of the hospital, but going back to my personal prison wasn't where I wanted to be. I decided there was nothing I could do to get out though, so I might as well cooperate.

I walked over to the window, admiring sunlight shining onto the tree. The tree was about all I could see, but it still managed to give me a sense of joy. It was the outside, a place I may never get to experience again. It was beautiful nonetheless.

I heard the door open and footsteps coming near me. I could already tell it was Jason, because none of the guards ever really walk in, or at least not towards me. "Will I ever be able to go out again?" I asked softly.

There was a bit of silence as Jason hesitated. "Maybe..." he trailed off.

I took a deep breath, the answer not being conclusive. "But maybe not," I breathed, turning to face him. "I just miss...everything," my eyes moved to the floor.'

"I know you do...but this is for the best," he said.

I closed my eyes to stop tears, knowing that wasn't true. I didn't say anything though, knowing we've been there before and it gets me nowhere. "You know...it may sound crazy but...I miss my job...I miss helping people..." I confessed, looking back towards my bed and wanting to sit.

"Why? Those people never did anything for you, they just took and never gave," Jason wondered as I walked over and sat down.

"Including you," I pointed out, looking up at him as he followed me. He stood in front of me, not sitting down.

"I'm not just taking, I'm giving you all of this!" He put his hands up to motion to the house.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So...this is supposed to be a thank you gift?" I questioned, getting more insight to not only why Jason kidnapped me, but to how his mind works.

All Jason did was raise his eyebrows and give a single nod, somehow making me even more angry than before. I stood up in frustration, walking to the middle of the room. I started pacing, trying to my thoughts together. There were so many of them now, new theories, ideas, even treatments!

I stepped closer to him, surprising myself but feeling brave as I was starting to break down just why Jason did all of this and his thoughts behind it. "I treated you...or started to treat you...to the best of my ability...and to thank me you kidnap me? You take me away from my old life; my friends, my family, my home, and the job I love that helped you in the first place...to thank me?!" I raised my voice unintentionally. All this anger was building up though, because the worst part about all of this...is he thought he was actually being nice! He thought it was right!

Jason just stood there, a bit shocked by my outburst. Yet, he didn't deny a single thing. He just stood in silence, listening and even agreeing.

I shook my head, staring at him. "You're more psychotic than I thought!" I spat, glaring at him.
Jason finally spoke up, walking towards me. "I thought you would like this! I was giving you paradise! Servants to do anything you asked, gourmet food, a room for just about anything you would want to do, anything money could buy!" He grabbed the sides of my arms, making me a bit worried as his eyes revealed a darkness to them.

I wasn't backing down though. "In exchange for my freedom?! I can't do anything I use to, even the things I liked!"

"I told you that once I trust you, you'll have more freedom!" Jason reminded me, shaking me. My eyes widened in fear, fear of how far he'll go. "All you have to do is cooperate, why don't you listen?!" He yelled, tossing me back and making me stumble to the ground. "I'm doing this for you! Why can't you just be thankful!" he yelled down at me, ripping out the clock near the bed and throwing it at me.

I covered my face, the clock hitting my forearm. I felt stinging, knowing there would no doubt be a bruise. I held back my tears though and took a deep breath, having more to say but scared now. I swallowed the gulp in my throat, knowing I had nothing to lose. He can hurt me all he wants, even kill me. It would at least release me from the terrible place. I removed my hands from my face, tears in my eyes. "What about happiness? Money can't buy that, and that is the most important thing a human can have...you took that from me..."

Jason froze, his back turned. He stood there, silence overtaking us as he thought. He slowly turned to face me, his eyes soft now as he stared at me and what he's done. "I thought I could give you happiness..." he said genuinely, sadness to his voice. "I see now that I can't."
Now I was frozen, speechless. Jason just shook his head and left the room, slamming the door behind him. Out of everything he's ever said to me, that had to be the most shocking.