Part 10 (Josh)

I open my eyes hesitantly as sun seeps through the curtains. I look to the side to see a sleepy boy facing me, his mouth hanging open slightly and his tiny frame cuddled next to me. I've only known this man for one day, why do I love him so much?

Tyler makes a small noise and turns over, leaving me staring at his back. I sit up, stretch, and let a small yawn escape from my lips. As I start getting out of bed I feel a hand tug on mine.

"Good morning beauty." Tyler says, his face against the pillow with a gorgeous smile spread across his face.

I smile at him to acknowledge that I heard. He gets up as well and we both head to the kitchen.

"What do you want?" Tyler starts rummaging through my cabinets. He pulls out a couple of cereal boxes and lays them on the island.

Before I have time to even look for my notepad to answer, Tyler throws on his shoes and coat quickly and runs over to the door, struggling as his shoe wasn't fully on his feet yet.

"I just realized I have work today! I'm sorry. I'll text you when I have break." He hurries out the door, leaving me alone with Amber. I slowly turn back towards the boxes of cereal, all of that happened in such a flash, I could barely wrap my mind around it.

After I eat and start putting everything away, I hear a bzzzt come from my room. I fast walk there to see I have an incoming text from Tyler.

Tyler: Hey, if you get bored at your place, come to mine. The key is under the welcome mat. 514 Creeksedge Way is my address.

Tyler: Btw this isn't a "if you're bored" this is a "you better be at my house pls" :)

I take a moment to laugh at this text, Tyler is quite the man.

------

Right when Josh took one step into Tyler's place, he was amazed. The small house was beautiful with random instruments strewn about the place. A door was in the entry way with a sign that had amazing handwriting on it that said, Brendon, I swear to God if you come down while I'm working on a song I'll murder you.

Below the twisted up note was more writing in sloppier handwriting, I just wanted some cake, okay? Why do you even bring the cake down there, God.

"Who are you?" The voice makes me jump. I look up from the note to see a man with very dark brown hair staring at me. I quickly get out my notepad and hand it to him. As he reads it, I try to smile at him to show that I am no threat.

"Well, Joshua," he says, venom lacing his tongue, "What are you doing in Tyler and I's house?" I once more scribble words down on my notepad.

Brendon glares at me while he reads it, "Why don't you just tell me these things... with your mouth? Why don't you speak?"

I hand him yet another note.

"Aww your mute..?" Brendon's eyes are soft and innocent. Suddenly they turn into the look of Satan himself, "Well you mute freak, get your ass out of my house before I kick your ass out of my house." I cower down as Brendon yells at me and I'm unable to move. My feet feel like they're glued to the ground.

"Well get a move on!" He yells, slapping my arm forcefully and pushing me out the door.

As Brendon puts his hands on the door, the door swings open to expose Tyler on the other side. A bottle of beer was in one of his hands while a paper was in the other.

"Oh heyyyyy guys." He slurs while taking a few shaky steps inside. He makes it to the living room before he collapses onto the couch. Tyler takes another sip from the bottle and let's out a satisfied noise.

Brendon speaks up, "Tyler... are you drunk?"