Part 9 (Tyler)

As we walk back to his apartment from the parking garage, I intertwine our fingers; his hand fits perfectly into mine. 

(Later)

Josh stirs on top of me, causing me to wake up. I look up and and see that the clock reads 7:02 pm. How long have we been asleep? I wonder. My stomach grumbles for the second time in his apartment today and I decide I will let Josh sleep while I make dinner. I slowly move his head off of my chest and start to stand, but he reaches up with a grunt, grabs the hem of my tank top and pulls me back down onto the couch with him. "Josh, I'm going to make dinner," I say while lightly shaking him. "Any requests?" 

I get no response so I just decide to get up and riffle through his pantry. I feel kind of like a raccoon... but we need to eat so its whatever. I settle on making a package of ramen... where does he keep his pans? As I open and close multiple cabinets, not even bothering to be quiet, I hear rustling in the direction of the couch. I turn around and see Josh rolling onto his side. 'Phew, I want this to be a surprise... wow Ty, ramen is so romantic,'  I say the last bit sarcastically in my head.

When the noodles are done I pull two bowls out of one of the cupboards; I found out where pretty much everything in his kitchen is while I was trying to find a pan earlier. Once I fill the bowls with the steaming hot noodles, I carry them to the coffee table and set them down next to the t.v. remote, then I gently start to rock Josh back and forth. 

While Josh starts to wake up on the couch, Amber jumps onto the coffee table and starts to lick my bowl of ramen. "Shoo," I say while I gently set her on the ground. When I turn around Josh is lying, facing me, with his eyes open, smiling. "What?" I ask with a questioning look on my face. He just shakes his head and smiles even bigger. 

He sits up and notices the ramen sitting on the small round table. He yawns and groggily picks up his notepad, then jots down, dinner? I nod and hand him his bowl of noodles. He cocks his head to the side, signalling for me to take a seat next to him on the yellow couch. I flip through the t.v. channels while he eats. Nothing on the t.v. sounds good to either of us, so I simply put it on CNN and turn to face him on the couch. 

I can't come up with anything to say to him, so I just settle on admiring his features. He has warm brown eyes, pastel blue hair, he's fucking ripped... the list goes on and on. He's a perfect human being. He catches me staring and we both blush. 

He hands me a page, 'something on my face??' 

"No," I say with a small giggle. "Anything on mine?" He laughs and shakes his head. 

I take our bowls to the sink then sit down with Josh again; so close our shoulders are touching. He grabs the remote and puts it on Netflix. We decide to watch Parks and Recreation, Josh had never seen it before and by the end of the 3rd episode he said it was one of his favorite shows, behind Stranger Things of course. 

After a few more episodes we decided to put on a documentary about whales to wind down for the night. I lean my head onto his shoulder and started to doze off, then he pokes me in the face and asks if I want to go to his bed and sleep. 

I was really tired and it was 10:47, so I didn't object. He led me to his bedroom, and right as he was about to walk out to turn off the t.v. I realized I didn't have a change of clothes... and I didn't really want to sleep in my jeans so I asked him if he had an extra pair of clothes I could sleep in.

 He walks over to his dresser and pulls out a pair of sweatpants, then throws them at me with a giggle. They hit me in the face because I wasn't paying attention which makes him giggle even harder. He then leaves the room to let me change and turn off the t.v. and kitchen lights. 

I quickly slide off my jeans and put on the sweatpants, then crawl under his covers and wait for him to return.