Part 18 (Josh)

My mind could barely process what just happened as my brain was still fogged up from the alcohol that was running through my bloodstream. What was even happening? Why was I drunk?

Oh yeah...

My mom wanted me to meet with her, which was fine because she lives in the same town as me. She said she had big news to share with me, news that would surely make me excited. But what she told me was the exact opposite of excitement and happiness.

{Flashback to earlier that day}

"Guess what, Josh?" I was sat with her at a small park bench, watching birds fly around and chirp and watching some kids play frizbee off in the distance.

I tilt my head at her indicating that I wanted her to tell me.

"You know how you've always wanted to go to an art school to improve your skills or to be a professor?" She asks while placing one of her hands on my tattooed shoulder. I nod.

"Well I found a school that will take you! Its one of the fanciest art schools ever and it's located in London, you'll be leaving in four weeks." I freeze, not knowing whether to be excited or worried.

Will I be able to take a friend with me? I slide the note over to my mom as I think about Tyler.

"No, sorry sweetheart. I even asked, they said you and only you can go. This is your only chance to excel in your art career! Please do it for me? I already paid for your plane ticket and everything." My heart completely stops and I take a few shuddering breaths before abruptly jumping up and running away from my mom. I can't bare the thought of me leaving Tyler by himself, but I can't decline this! My mom had generously payed for everything...

I decide to take my problems to the nearest bar.
-----

I sit down at a stool near the front of the bar and wait for the bartender to greet me.

"Hello. What would you like?"

I grunt at him. He immediatly walks away and starts making me a drink.

"Is this spot taken?" I look up to see a woman with pink and black hair staring at me. I shake my head "no" and she instantly plops herself down.

"What's your name? Mine's Melanie." I just glare at her, I'm in no mood to write a note to anyone.

"The silent kind. I like those." As she finishes her sentence the bartender comes back with my first of many drinks.

{End Flashback}

Melanie, please get out of my house and never return. I hand her the note and in response, she slaps me across the face. I yelp in pain and grab the place she hit, a red mark already forming.

"Well how was I supposed to know you already had a boyfriend? You didn't tell me any of this!" She stomps her foot on the ground and angrily walks out, not closing the goddamn door behind her.

I angrily sigh and sit down on my couch. I place my hands in my face and start weeping. Today has been horrible... I wish I could just turn back time to the good old days when I didn't have to maintain or even care about a relationship. I wish I didn't become an artist so I didn't have to face these problems...

****

Joshua: Tyler I'm so sorry. I got drunk earlier and somehow managed to bring Melanie back to my place... we didn't do anything I promise.

Joshua: Ty please

Joshua: Baby I love you

Joshua: Baby please forgive me, I love you so much

Joshua: Ty please respond I love you.

I stare at my texts I had sent him and bite my lip trying to hold back tears.

I've lost the love of my life and I'm soon going to leave my hometown...