Part 12 (Josh)

Brendon and I stare at the burnette boy. After he collapsed on the couch, he let out a small giggle than instantly fell asleep. We both glance at each other before rushing over to the sleepy boy.

Brendon pokes Tyler on the cheek.

"Hey man, wake up." Brendon yells. I start shaking Tyler, slapping him lightly on the shoulder every once in awhile. After many attempts of trying to shake him awake, he finally stirs. He sits upward and then grabs his head.

"I've got a horrible migraine...the pain is like... it feels like the pain ranges from up, down, and sideways." His eyes light up for a second. He abruptly jumps to his feet and runs down to the room where the sign was taped, coming back with a notebook only minutes later.

"That was pure poetry, I'm going to add that to my song." He flips the book open to a page with a bunch of scribbled over writing. The page was labeled "Vessel."

After writing down his lyrics, he grabs his head once more. Brendon and I are both just staring at him.

"Sorry guys, I practically, well not practically, I did... I got fired today." I gasp and quickly sit down next to him, opening my notepad and handing him a note.

"I'm okay Jish... Josh sorry my heads a little foggy. I just didn't take it all that well." I laugh at his mispronounciation. Brendon shakes his head a little bit and then speaks up, "Why did this happen? We both know that you're supporting this house."

"Not enough sales."

"Oh. Are you going to find another job?"

"Might try doing music, we both know that I can sing." Tyler says with a smirk.

"Yeah but I can sing better." Brendon retorts.

I open my mouth but instantly put my words into writing, Tyler, can you sing for me?

He reads the note and then nods happily. He jumps up and gestures for me to follow him. I follow and leave Brendon in the living room. I wonder why he's not coming down with us... oh wait, from that note it seems like Ty doesn't want Brendon down there.

Tyler leads me down a flight of stairs and into a wide, open room. The room had a piano in the corner, a ukulele in the center and a microphone next to a small house plant. A sheet was covering a large object that was sat in the side of the room.

"I've only made a few songs as of right now, Kitchen Sink, Forest, and the beginning to a song called Migraine. Which one would you like?" Tyler once more grabs his head and makes a discomforted noise, "Speaking of migraine, I still have one." He lets out a half-hearted chuckle and looks back at me.

Forest is what I scribble onto my pad.

Tyler excitedly runs to his uke and starts to sing, but instantly stops.

"I just realized I need a drummer for this song... I forgot that I added drums... uh, I can still use my uke but with the drums it'll sound better." I look at him in disbelief, excitement sparking inside of me, I learned how to play the drums when I was thirteen! Maybe I could learn this song and help him out.

~Flashback~

I silently get up from my bed, slide my shoes on and head out the door. It was still pretty early in the morning so not many people were out. I had my drumsticks tucked between my armpit and I was headed for the local music store. I had been going there daily to teach myself how to play the drums. I usually went to the most tattooed guy and asked for an album to mimic. I had been getting really good too, so good that the store manager wanted me to lure people into his shop by playing drums for his store on the street.

As I enter the store I instantly look for Robert. He was usually the one who helped me out. After I found him and got the album, I took my place on the drumset and started playing my heart out.

~End~

Tyler... I'm not only good at drawing, I can play the drums for you... I slide the note into his hands.