Part 31 (Tyler)

I click the book hotel button with a smile. It is Josh’s birthday in a couple of days and I’m going to surprise him.

I finish packing my bags and set them by the door, then climb into bed.

It’s only 9:30 but I have no doubt that Blurry will wake me up constantly and my flight leaves at 7:15 tomorrow so I need sleep.   

“Wachyadoin’, Tyler?” Blurryface asks right as I start to drift off to sleep.

I snap my eyes open and sit up, glaring at him perched on the footboard of my bed. “Sleeping. I have to get up early and go to London tomorrow.”

“To go see Josh?” he asks, but I know he already knows the answer.

“Yes.” I spit at him through gritted teeth.

“Tyler,” he sighs. “I grew up with Josh...so I can tell you right now that he’s cheating on you.”

“No. He isn’t. He wouldn’t do that, he’s better than that.” I tell Blurry, who just laughs.   

“Trust me, you’re going to walk up to his door, hear a girl moaning his name, then knock and he will answer, a girl standing behind him covered in hickeys.” He laughs at the thought.

“No, now shut up and leave.” I say, my bottom lip quivering because for some reason I think he’s right. But still, in the back of my mind, I know he’s lying.

He doesn’t move a muscle. “Please leave. Now.”

“Whatever, I’m sorry you can’t handle the truth.” He replies with a shrug before disappearing just as fast as he came.

--

The flight attendant’s monotone voice comes over the loudspeaker, “Now boarding Flight 36, London bound.” I get up with a sigh to stand in line to board the plane.

I want so badly to text Josh but this is a surprise.

--

I text Dan and plop down in the hotel lobby’s chair.

Tyler: What’s ur address?

Dan: 666 Hell ave

Dan: Jk it’s apartment 103 on the campus

Tyler: What time is Josh done with classes?

Dan: 2:30

Tyler: Expect a visitor at 3 tomorrow ;)

Tyler: Also, I swEAR TO GoD IF YOU TELL JOSH I WILL HAVE UR HEAD HuNG ON MY WALL

--

I walk up to apartment 103, a bouquet of red roses in hand.

I knock on the door and wait for Josh to answer. He looks through the peephole then throws the door open as quickly as possible. I pull him into a huge hug and shower him in kisses, dropping the roses in the process.

He tugs me inside and places me on the couch then takes a seat next to me, grabbing his notepad.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE???

“I couldn’t just let you celebrate your birthday without me.” I pull him into a kiss then pull away and smile. “Happy birthday, Joshie.”

He smiles and hands me a note, What did I do to deserve you Tyler Joseph.

“Pfft, more like what did I do to deserve you, my beautiful blue haired boy.”

He blushes then flips the t.v. on. “What time will Dan and Phil be back?” I ask, noticing that neither of them are in sight.