Part 14 (Josh)

I was walking through a school hallway. People were standing at the sides of the corridor pointing and laughing at me.

"What's with the notepad?" I look over and adjust my hat, then look back down and keep walking.

"Why can't he speak? What's wrong with him?" I stay low but no matter how much I want to not be noticed, I can't. Everyone is laughing and pointing. They all know it's very hard for me to speak my mind.

"Hey! What we're you're going Dun." I look up to see a man that was all black with a red mouth and eyes staring down at me. He had a malevolent smile and his hands were reaching out for me. I scream and try to run away but I'm unable to move.

"Josh are you okay?!" My eyes bolt open to see Tyler hovering over me. Beads of sweat had formed on my forehead and tears were streaming down my face.

I sit up and gasp for breath. I immediately switch the lamp on next to us and grab my notepad, scribbling down words as fast as I can. I explain in the note how I was bullied and picked on for not being able to speak, how this all black-foggy figure likes to haunt me, how it has red eyes and a red mouth.

Tyler places the note on the bed and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't worry Josh... I'm here for you, I won't let anyone hurt you." I snuggle into Tyler's arms and let the tears keep falling. He pulls away and grabs my face, wiping the tears away with his thumbs.

"Let's go back to sleep okay? I'll let you cuddle with me all night." I nod and grab my notepad once more. I've always had this question, now I can ask him it.

Can I ask you a question?

Tyler nods and pulls me onto his lap. He hugs me from the back as he awaits my question.

Do... you love me? I-I know we've kissed but do you?