Part 6 (Josh)

He's going to be here soon? My house is a mess! I dash around my apartment throwing books onto shelves, sliding things under my bed, and shoving dishes into the dishwasher. Amber chases after me, trying to attack my foot. I don't have time for you, Amber.

Before I have time to finish cleaning, a knock sounds from the other side of the door. Walking over there, I open the door to see a smiling brunette boy with pastel flowers.

"Hey." He says while taking a step inside. I slap my thighs to see if my notepad was in my pocket. It wasn't.

I hold up one finger indicating that I needed a minute. I walk-jog to the coffee table and pick up my pad and pen.

I write down the words, Hi! You look nice.

I tear off the page and hand it to him. He looks at it and laughs slightly. "You look nice too." Tyler takes a couple more steps inside, handing me the flowers and looks around.

"Nice place you've got here." I nod and smile. He keeps looking around until his eyes lay on my easel. "Have you been painting something?" He starts walking over to the canvas. When he sees what I've drawn his whole face stares at it in awe.

"You painted that?! That's amazing!" I feel a blush spread across my face as he compliments my painting.

"Not much of a talker are you?" I fumble with my notepad as I write more words down. Once more, I rip off the page and hand it to him. As he reads it I set the flowers on the table. These will go good in a vase.

"Oh you're mute... I'm sorry." I shrug. I can still talk...ish I just cant get my words out to what I'm thinking, so I just use a notepad. I write another thing down.

"You can laugh still? That's good, I bet your laugh is adora-" He stops himself, scratching the back of his neck, "I bet it's nice." I let out a chuckle, it was almost cute the way he stopped himself.

"Ah hah! I made you laugh!" He points his fingers into the air, then pulls them down saying, "yesssss."

From the way we're already getting along, I can tell already that we're going to be best friends.