Part 38 (Josh)

“So how long will you be staying here?” Tyler asks while Dan and Phil start picking up some of the leftover decorations from last night’s events.

“Oh we’ll be leaving in four days.” Phil states as he takes down the ‘congratulations’ banner. Tyler and I join in the cleaning so we all can get it over with and have some relaxing down time.

While I'm washing leftover glasses, Tyler strolls into the kitchen and walks past me, only to slowly back up and slap my ass. I let out a yelp and drop the glass I was cleaning and give him a stern look. Tyler just smirks and walks away, acting like nothing at all had happened. That cocky son of a bitch. He’s getting it tonight, I think to myself while I finish up the glass I had dropped.

--

“Do you guys have a date planned?”

“Yeah, who are you going to invite?”

“Your guys’ families?” Dan and Phil were bombarding us with questions, eager to learn more about what we had planned for our wedding.

“Definitely not my parents, but my siblings can come.” Tyler says with a huff and I rub his back in circles. “As for the date, we’re thinking sometime in February.”

“How about February 20th?” Phil suggests. Tyler and I exchange a look and both nod our heads at the same time. “I like that date, don’t you Joshie?” I once more nod and the two other boys cheer.

“That’s the author's birthday.” Dan says, breaking the fourth wall and confusing everyone who is reading.

“Yeah, ohjoshdun’s birthday? I know them. They’re cool.” Phil chimes in, breaking the wall more and leaving the readers startled as heck. I give both of them a questionable look and Tyler adds on to the confusion by adding, “What are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing! We’re just excited that you guys are finally gonna seal the deal.” I shrug the question off and grab my notepad from my front pocket and slide the pencil down from my ear.

Do you think we could go to your house and check on Amber and maybe practice your songs a little bit? I hand the note to Tyler and he snatches it out of my hands.

“Yeah,” he gets up and pats his front pockets in search for his keys, “Hey, is it okay if Josh and I go to my house and do a little band practice?” Tyler finds his keys and starts heading towards the door.

“Yeah, that’s alright. We’ll just stay here and watch TV or something.” Dan replies.

“Okay, well, we’ll see you later!” We wave and I leave the boys with a bright and toothy smile.

As we get into the car I give Tyler a note with a valid question on it, what would we call our band?

This question must’ve left Tyler stumped because all he said was “Uhh…” and then never spoke until we arrived at his place.

“Brendon, I’m back!” Tyler yells in a sing-song way. Brendon’s head pops up from the couch and he flips us both off.

“You guys woke me up, what the fuck was that for?” Tyler flips him off as well and scoffs, “What, no ‘hello’ or ‘Tyler! Welcome back, I missed you?’”

I silently chuckle to myself as the boys have a small fight. After a few minutes, the fight becomes very heated and I notice that Tyler’s hair is going completely white and his eyes are becoming red. Brendon must’ve noticed as well because his eyes go wide with shock.

I grab Tyler’s hand and tug him towards the basement before Brendon says anything. He gives up on trying to stay in place and let’s me bring him downstairs. I watch as Tyler’s hair slowly fades back to brown and same with his eyes. It’s almost like if he gets too angry he becomes more vulnerable.