Part 5 (Tyler)

I'm woken up by the non-stop buzzing of my phone. I glance at the clock and curse myself, its 10:56. "Nice one Tyler. Late for the first date," I say to the air of my empty apartment. 'Is it even a first date?' I ask myself, 'He probably isn't even gay,' I think with a slight frown. 

I take a quick shower and throw on a plain black tee (probably the same one I wore the night of my 17th birthday), black skinny jeans, red socks, and black vans. 

I finally check my phone, 3 new messages from Madison. 

M: Morning (sent at 9:37 Am)

M: Hellooo?

M Is you dead?

T: Morning, sorry i slept in. Can't talk going on a date 

Her reply was almost immediate

M: Ooooohhhh Tyler. Is he cute?

T: He's literally the most beautiful person I've ever seen. I'll send you a picture. 

T: Anyways I'm an hour and a half late, so I'll text you later.

M: OMG Tyler you're so late! But have fun. Ttyl.

4 new messages from Joshie.

J: Hello, are you still coming? I've been sitting here for an hour (sent at 10:43 Am)

J: I have a feeling this was just a cruel trick to mess with me. 

J: Ok, I've been waiting here for an hour and 15 minutes and you still haven't show up so I'm just going to go home. (sent at 10:58 Am)

J: Maybe, another day. 

T: Oh my god, Josh, I'm so sorry, I slept in. What's your address? 

After a few minutes of anxiously waiting for a reply I hear the familiar ping of my notification sound.  

J: Why?

T: I need to make it up to you for not showing up.

J: 748 Parkview Ave. 

T: Be there soon.

On my way to his apartment I stop by a flower shop and buy daisies that are the same shade of blue as his hair. 'I'm such a terrible person,' I think while I sprint to his apartment with the bouquet of pastel blue daisies in hand. People are giving me strange looks, but I don't care, I'm going to see Josh. Just the thought of the beautiful boy with blue hair makes me smile.