Part 25 (Tyler)

So far today, Blurryface hasn't been too bad. He still there and I can tell he's just waiting to make his move. I've just been pushing him away and focusing on Josh. We're on our way back to the house from having breakfast to watch some Christmas movies and hang out until the park's annual Christmas festival starts. 

~time skip to the festival because I'm extremely lazy~

This is Josh's first time going to the festival, which makes it even better. It was a family tradition when I was younger to attend, so I know where all the good spots are. After we buy warm apple cider, we walk to a large willow tree with lights strung through the branches. "This is called the Couple Tree, Joshie. It's where all the new couples carve their initials into the bark." I smile widely at him, "Do you want to do it?" 

He nods his head so fast I'm afraid it might fly off of his neck. "Calm down, Josh." I say with a giggle. "Stay here while I go get something to carve the bark with." I kiss his cheek and skip to the cart that gives out the carving knives made specially for the tree. 

"One Couple Tree knife, please." The old lady behind the counter smiles and slides a knife towards me. 

"You go have fun now, enjoy your night." she winks at me. 

"You too." I laugh at her wink and run back to the tree. 

He carves a sloppy j.w.d in the tree and directly below it I carve a neat cursive t.r.j, then I carve a heart around our initials. I pull him in for a kiss and lose my balance, causing me to fall on top of him on the cold ground that is lightly dusted with snow.

I notice that most of the parents have taken their children home and the playground is open. "Joshie! Can we go? Please, please, please?" He laughs at my childish behavior and I grab his hand and drag him to the playground.

He sits backwards on one of the swings, so he can face me, while fat, lazy, white flakes drift down and land on his nose and in his blue hair.

We sit, lighly swinging for hours just talking. We realize how late it is getting when the last of the vendors leaves, leaving the park empty except for us. "Oh, it's getting late." I pull out my phone to check the time, 10:57. "Wanna go home?" I ask, my hand quickly growing cold as he let's go of it and gets up, walking towards the car.

I quickly follow after him. "Joshie? Will you give me a piggyback ride?" he laughs and smiles while crouching so I can jump onto his back easily. He opens the passenger door and sets me in the seat, buckling the seat belt for me, before climbing in the driver's side and starting the car.

"I'm tired, Joshie," I yawn and he smiles, then takes my hand in his and I soon start to drift off to sleep.