Part 30 (Josh)

Today was my last day with Tyler, tomorrow I am headed back to London. Tyler still hadn’t agreed to create a band, but he was on the verge of saying yes. I had written him a bunch of pep talks on why he should create one, and with each note he seems to be more on my side. Finally, around lunch I have the courage to ask him once more before I leave.

I enter the kitchen to see Brendon and Tyler sitting down with a man who I had never seen before. He had red hair, seemed to be as tall as Tyler and was wearing a black shirt with black pants. All three of them notice me as I walk in through the door. I run my hands through my fading blue hair as I slowly approach Tyler. I should really dye my hair once more.

“Ah! You must be Josh.” The man with red hair strolls over to me and extends out his hand. We shake hands and he backs up a bit to introduce himself, “My name’s Gerard.” I smile at him and tap Tyler’s shoulder.

“Gerard is my friend, it’s kind of rude to just ignore him like that… oh wait. You’re mute.” Brendon spits at me as I continue to poke Tyler. Tyler must’ve noticed that I was hurt because before he had held up a finger at me but this time he had wrapped his arms around me and snapped at Brendon, “Can’t you tell that hurt his feelings? God, Brendon what has been up with you in these past days?” Tyler leads me out of the kitchen while Gerard turns to Brendon and continues talking.

“Sorry that Gerard is here, Brendon is good friends with him and invited him over. What did you want?” Tyler was still holding me close to him while he said that. I fished around in my pocket for the note and hand it to him.

“Josh, I have told you time and time again, I am not starting a band. Yes, I make music in my basement but that’s just because it’s fun.” I give him my sad puppy face and his face instantly droops. “No.” He says to himself while straightening up again, “I am not falling for that.” I sigh as Tyler kisses my forehead and heads back to the kitchen.

--

“Josh, you’re back!” Phil exchanges a hug  with me while Dan flops onto the couch, letting out a sigh of relief. I grab my suitcase and start unpacking in my room when I hear a triumphant noise come from the living room.

“I finally finished my graphic design project for my class!” I forgot that Phil was studying graphic design and photoshop, I silently chuckle to myself when I remember how bad he was when Phil first started, he had made a woman look like a penis without trying. Phil had gotten way better since then, making amazing pieces of art and selling them online.

While I was thinking about Phil’s penis-woman, my phone started ringing.

Incoming FaceTime from Lil’ Dumpling

“Hey, Josh! How was the flight back?” Tyler happily says. We talk for some time and Tyler tells me more about what Blurryface has been doing in his life. He’s apparently been leaving Tyler alone for a little while but when he does show up he hits Tyler harder than ever.

“Josh, can I tell you something?” I nod while he continues to speak, “I’m ready to start that band. I just… want Blurry gone.” Happiness bubbles inside of me and I do a small dance on my bed.

“Calm down. We have to wait til’ you’re out of school to do anything anyways.” I shrug and look over at the clock, I look back at Tyler and point at my wrist as to show him that i’m checking my watch. “Oh it is quite late… goodnight, Josh, I love you.” I form my hands to a heart and hold it up to my phone as he ends the call.

Well, might as well go to bed. I slide on my pajamas and slip into my bed and almost immediately fall asleep.

a/n How the heck is Mute at 1.02 K??? But seriously, thank you so much :)